How hard is it to install a white face guage kit?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kaos
10+ year member

A portion of my gauge cluster has the lights burnt out on it and since I always liked the looks of the white faced gauges I ordered a kit off E-bay. Now, while I'm waiting for it to arrive, I'm wondering how much trouble it's going to be to install. It is supposedly plug and play design, but am I going to have to remove my gauge needles or will it slip over? It's a 97 Ford Ranger if that helps any. Any feedback from others who have installed these kits would be very helpful. Here is a link to the kit I am talking about:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8006465019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

TIA

Not sure about your kit, but I had one of the first ones made for my old Blazer. I had to remove the needles and couldn't get them back to the same point.

Thanks for the help. Sounds like it shouldn't be a problem. I have pretty descent DIY skills but if I run into any trouble I guess I could get the wife to do it for me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif My main concern is removing the needles. Looking at the kit I think I can slip it over the needles without removing them, but I am going to have to figure out some way to remove the fairings/discussions at the base of the needles. I don't think I will be able to slip the kit over them as they are simply too big (judging by the pics). Hopefully it will be simple. Thanks again for the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.