how efficient are audioque 1200d's?

You're not gonna notice much, if anything, in terms of loudness. A hundred watts isn't going to be noticeable at the power level. But, it is moderately efficient, and they do tend to be underrated. So you'll probably notice less power consumption, and it may run cooler. And, if you step down to 1 ohm in the future, or .5 ohm, you'll have a ton more power on tap.

But you should definitely get your big 3 done. It shouldn't cost any more than $30 or $40, it's super easy to do, and drastically improves the electrical foundation for your car. All it can do is help, and allow more power to flow.

i need an amp that puts out around 900 watts for my sa-12. i have a kicker dx1000 but it draws way too much power from my battery and it's not a very good amp actually it's really power hungry. will an audioque be more efficient and not drain my electrical system as bad? it'd be wired at 2 ohm
At normal listening volumes most of the larger Class D amps are not much more efficient than Class AB. When you're wanging on your system, such as an SPL comp, that's where they become very effective.

The problem I see is really your choice of sub. I'd either build a box to maximize it's own efficiency (huge & ported high) or replace it with a woofer that doesn't need 1kW to make some noise. If you want to keep the Kicker amp and maximize everything you have; get a real crossover. The crossover on that amp is terrible...but more importantly, the subsonic is quite poor. A

The chips are a PITA to make...but worth it IMO.

The other thing I'd check would be the install. If your amp isn't seeing enough voltage the power supply will compensate by ******* up more current. Something as simple as forgetting to use a star washer or zipping the ground to a piece of metal that's pinch-welded can cause those issues.

Well fortunately that SA subs actually don't need gobs of power to get loud, and many are quite pleased with their output at or even below RMS rating. Personally I run my SA-10 on 1200w, in a 1.25^ft enclosure tuned around 33hz and I'm very pleased. So his problem may be enclosure design/construction as well.

stock in a 2003 mustang. the car took a hifonics 1200 watt amp fine with no lights dimming at all but once i got the kicker its killing my electrical. i know hifonics don't do rated so that might be the reason why. i don't have the big 3 done yet btw i'm trying to not do that if i don't have to but i'll probably still do it eventually
Thats because the hifonics probably wasnt doing rated

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.