how efficient are audioque 1200d's?

jsluss17
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i need an amp that puts out around 900 watts for my sa-12. i have a kicker dx1000 but it draws way too much power from my battery and it's not a very good amp actually it's really power hungry. will an audioque be more efficient and not drain my electrical system as bad? it'd be wired at 2 ohm

stock in a 2003 mustang. the car took a hifonics 1200 watt amp fine with no lights dimming at all but once i got the kicker its killing my electrical. i know hifonics don't do rated so that might be the reason why. i don't have the big 3 done yet btw i'm trying to not do that if i don't have to but i'll probably still do it eventually

AQ isn't the most efficient amp out there, but on a 2 ohm load, with a decent head unit, your dimming should be at a minimum... and if you do have some, just knock out the big 3, and it will take care of it all together.

alright cool thanks. are there any other amps out there that puts out around 800-900 watts that are efficient and won't do bad on my electrical for around $200? also does 84% efficiency mean it'll only do 84% at rated power?

alright cool thanks. are there any other amps out there that puts out around 800-900 watts that are efficient and won't do bad on my electrical for around $200? also does 84% efficiency mean it'll only do 84% at rated power?
thats just a number to look at. it will be lower than 84% since you are running it at less resistance. dont worry though thats not a bad number by any means.

Out of all the power it draws, 84% is power where 16% is lost as heat. Their pretty efficient. the lower the impedence the lower the efficiency. at two ohms its about 76%

Yup 65% at one. And never ran .5. Im too afraid to on my amps. I run a pair of these guys strapped at two.100 amp alt, stinger spv69 and a 55ah up front.
yeah i thought about running .5 once but then figured there is no point. i would only run at .5 if my electrical was amazing and could handle like 100 more amps. you can never be to cautious with electrical. with fires, burning up wire, or your entire cars electrical system, its just not worth it.

ah ok thanks for all the replies it's very helpful. so if i run it at 2 ohms on 12.8 volts on a stock 105ah alternator what would you say i'd be getting out of it? it says 870 at 14.4 volts and 2 ohm

ah ok thanks for all the replies it's very helpful. so if i run it at 2 ohms on 12.8 volts on a stock 105ah alternator what would you say i'd be getting out of it? it says 870 at 14.4 volts and 2 ohm
kinda hard to tell. you would have to clamp it and get box rise and everything. but most of that doesnt matter with a daily set up. trust me you'll be happy with it as long as you set your gains right and have a quality box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.