How does this setup sound? ... Need advice before I buy

DoubleYouAreEx

Hello. I recently purchased a Subaru WRX wagon. I love the car but I'm a drummer and sound quality means a lot to me. A local audio shop carries a lot of speakers and can install them for me. The two people who helped me both drive subarus and discounted everything quite a bit because Im in a car group online with them. Here's the set up we came up with... 2 Diamond DE65Vs, 1 kicker 43TCWRT102, 1 GM-D9605 5 channel amp, & 1 4G TSPEC. I think this is the wiring kit for everything. I was quoted at a little under $1200 for everything before labor.

What I'm looking for is a very good sounding set up. I'm a drummer and want there to be really good separation of highs, mids, and lows. I previously had a scion tC, 07. Im not sure if the speakers were all stock but they sounded phenomenal especially to what I'm rocking now. I also read online the scion has 6 speakers instead of four. Do I need more speakers to get that same kind of separation of frequencies or will what I was quoted for suffice? This is obviously a lot of money involved and I am trying to get some feedback if this sounds like the best set for my car at around $1000 budget (before labor). I got approved for a credit card with 0% for 6 months for $1500 at the store so I'm right where I want to be price-wise now... These guys have definitely slashes the pricing down to fit my budget and they all seem like reputable people... I'm just hesitant about spending money without knowing exactly what im getting.

Im sure Jeff and Los and a few others can make some suggestions here. There are some sq guys and they know whats good for a budget. But i think you could get alot better sound from that much money. Look into a dsp and sound deadener. Install quality is the most important part of an install.

any of these subs they suggested will be good even sundown e (sa be more on your level maybe) or fu 750 or 1250 just 1 of these or the xfl ported tuned 30-35hz 12 or 15 with like 1k power will sound good if box is right..

To know if you are getting a great price on the kit it is easy to do a google search for each item to see the range they are selling for online.

Also all dealerships, stores, shops, etc. usually have only several brands. Mainly this is based on the shop's level of business, buying/selling capabilities and depending on the brand...I'm more knowledgeable on the bicycle industry in this regard...and the shop coverage...to protect costs/pricing/etc. they may not sell to another business within a certain range. For the customer that means you may only have a few brands to select from. Newer shops with only a small budget/customer/sales base may be stuck with second tier brands until they grow.

For you that means the shop you are using is selling what they can and perhaps want to sell meaning you have less to choose from so shop around.

Also ask questions...what you want, what they offer in product and installation quality, etc...you are the customer and in this day and age of online, etc. you have more power and control, in general...good luck and keep us informed.

A discount by itself does not add value to the sale. There's nothing wrong with any of the equipment they offered, but by itself you have a few boxes of things. How they tie it all together(the installation and tuning) is very important. Did they discuss installation techniques? Why did you leave without committing to an appointment? Do you normally take a long time to make a decision on a large purchase?

$1000 for that? I can usually piece up a system for less money and sound as great. Your really paying for the brand and the shop even before labor and install charges. But seem like you can't do it yourself so go ahead

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.