How does the guts of the AP1500d look?

marvinwillis
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
2jbs3ns.jpg

How does this look compared to other 1.5K watt amps

I think it looks average. Some say the quality of the Chinese components are not as good as the Korean stuff. I just bought one of these for a Friend we are putting it on a dual 2 Type r 15 in a 4.5ft box 8in flared port. Finishing it up tomorrow. Ill let you guys know how it does on a kia sephia electrical. Might need an extra battery. Will be doing the big 3.

Well. I have used these amps and I must say they are kinda dirty... BUT actually aren't overrated... Actually do more than rated. If I remember correctly I tested mine at 930rms at 2.1 ohms at 11 volts after imp rise... It is rated at 950 rms at 2 ohms if I remember correctly ..... at that was at 11 volts it did it

Although his grammar was lacking... At least he is trying to research and learn... A big change compared to 95 percent of the idiots out there not on this forum... And a the 75 percent of the idiots on here that refuse to ask and just assume they are correct lol

And actually it doesn't have a lot of components for a 1.5kw amp. But does do more than rated so can't complain
Actually they are a little overrated. It puts out 1200-1300 max at 14.4v.

If I remember correctly I tested mine at 930rms at 2.1 ohms at 11 volts after imp rise...
You measured the resistance, not the impedance. That will ALWAYS inflate the output unrealistically.

Just installed one tonight on a Type-r 15 dual 2 ohm. Its a good amp. Good thick terminals that wont strip out, All phillips screws. Variable bass boost 30 to 100 or so I just set it 3db at 30. subsonic variable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.