How does the cold affect the subs and amp

I know about cold.

You need to be ABSOLUTELY sure that you have ZERO clipping. Distortion creates heat. Heat and cold together will cause what's known as the Peltier effect aka condensation. Your sub can get soaking wet causing the coil to short. The same can happen inside your amp.

Just let them play on low for few ?
Wait until you feel warm in your car and you should be fine.

I know about cold.

You need to be ABSOLUTELY sure that you have ZERO clipping. Distortion creates heat. Heat and cold together will cause what's known as the Peltier effect aka condensation. Your sub can get soaking wet causing the coil to short. The same can happen inside your amp.
Voice coils are coated conductors. I wouldn't worry about shorting them.

You are fine however when its cold it sounds like utter garbage. By the time you are ready to drive the subs and amps will be fine. The speakers are what you want to be easy on.

If you get in your car and it is ice cold you are shivering and you immediately beat the block, you are a psycho.

BTW 50 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT IS NOT COLD!

I’m in one of the coldest cities in the US and concur with all others. Suspensions will be stiff and will loosen as interior warms up.
LCD screen may also be slow to update.

Just like mr Why Not Minot above, back when I was in Grand Forks, let the carm warm up before turning up the music. Honestly though, on cold weather, i do not turn it up to listent to when the car was on clear road vs black ice. Two totally distinctive sounds.

On cold, the speakers WILL be much stiffer (all things change with cold weather and get worse when negative temps). Essentially treat it no different than warming up the engine before getting to speed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...