how does my wall look?

I built a wall for two 18's... before. It was completely over-built and overkill...

It was ~23cubes NET... WAY TOO BIG.

It hit lower than anything, but it was just plain not loud. My 6 10's were noticeably louder...

nG

^ do you guys have experience with the apxx's?

and as far as not loud my 18 in 13cf did 142@ 22hz. thats not a bad score at all.

reminder this is a daily ground pounder not a burp car.

^ do you guys have experience with the apxx's?and as far as not loud my 18 in 13cf did 142@ 22hz. thats not a bad score at all.

reminder this is a daily ground pounder not a burp car.
142 @ 22 hz was your peak? Apxx's weren't designed to put up good numbers below 30 hz. If you only did a 142 with an 18" a few thousand watts that is a bad score.

If you want to pound out the lows and only the lows, then 23 cubes sounds good. Anything over 40 hertz will sound like ass, not to mention want to jump the woofer out of the basket.

Drew

no it wasnt peak, and that was music. i will probably make it 20gross now and do subs bottom port on top, it will be alot easier to fit it in, and wont need all the angles like this one.

kk well what would you sugest?

i pmed one of the guys on here and he has his two in 16cf to 33hz. i think that 18cf after displacement will be good for me. subs on bottom port on top. then make interchangable ports for 30hz and like 55hz for burps. opinion ngsm13?

also one other quesion. i will have to build the wall in the car, can i glue all the parts together in the car, and use like 1/8" angle iron and screw that to the joints to give a good hold. or what way would you guys secure your wall together from in the car?

Design it so you can reach the places that need to be screwed together. Might have to pull the seats/console to slide it forward to reach the screws on the side...

ohhhh ok i could just take my front seats out and slide the box forward to get the screws on the side.

well unless someone comments i will prob start building the wall in a couple weeks. i gota wait for my amp, then im gona wait for my apxx recones to get in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.