How does box rise work?

Ok, I'm glad you clarified. Your posts prove that you know nothing. The clamp results need voltage and current. You assume you can just look at the peak current and know something. You can't. That doesn't make sense. Nobody would know you aren't smart if you'd stop talking so much.
Jaysus, you're an idiot..... so ur insinuating that someone should clamp to find the lowest current so they can adjust/account for minimum or negative box rise?

Please.

Using the "Range" and "Hold" functions on the clamp meter will tell 95% of folks what they wish to know using with their standard music selection/preference playing, since surely most are looking for nominal - to - max box rise.

I am not the one who needs to stop talking, here, poodlenutz, lol

Jaysus, you're an idiot..... so ur insinuating that someone should clamp to find the lowest current so they can adjust/account for minimum or negative box rise?
Please.

Using the "Range" and "Hold" functions on the clamp meter will tell 95% of folks what they wish to know using with their standard music selection/preference playing, since surely most are looking for nominal - to - max box rise.

I am not the one who needs to stop talking, here, poodlenutz, lol
You missed the point genius. What do you multiply that number with? At this point everyone realizes that you need the current AND the voltage. You are explaining how to find the maximum current the amp puts out over a specific period of time. How would a person get a relevant voltage to plug into the calculation? This is why you should stop talking. It doesn't matter what you say here.... it will prove that you have NO CLUE what you're talking about.

Flex- I know you're not an idiot and I get what you're trying to say but I'm gonna have to side with lbc on this. Music has a range of different freqs and rise will be different at every note and because of that the only true way to know how much rise you are incurring is to clamp a variety of single note tones and then graph the results.

Flex- I know you're not an idiot and I get what you're trying to say but I'm gonna have to side with lbc on this. Music has a range of different freqs and rise will be different at every note and because of that the only true way to know how much rise you are incurring is to clamp a variety of single note tones and then graph the results.
Thank you.

That is cool, but anyone who wants to obtain basic ranges or a "peak" box rise is going to be able to do that via the method I posted.

Def going to work for most daily drivers....In fact, for those seeking a basic idea of how much box rise they have, I don't know any other way to go about obtaining such info.

Folks in SPL comp's are likely going to go deeeeeper, but such likely doesn't apply to the original question OP posted, and thus the "caveat" that I put in my second post in response to yours.

Regardless, I still say that LBC never even bothered to read my two posts in their entirety before attempting to "rebut."

Don't expect much more from his ilk, anyway......

Its all good

You can't calculate impedance rise by reading AC voltage alone, (see Ohm's law). You would also need an ammeter to clamp the AC amperage (Voltage divided by Amperage = impedance), and both numbers vary greatly throughout the musical spectrum (and is influenced by your enclosure design, as well as the driver parameters).

Peak hold will be worthless while playing music because you wouldn't be measuring peak voltage and peak amperage at the same time. You would either need to take measurements one frequency at a time, or use a device capable of plotting both measurements simultaneously (as far as music is concerned).

You can't calculate impedance rise by reading AC voltage alone, (see Ohm's law). You would also need an ammeter to clamp the AC amperage (Voltage divided by Amperage = impedance), and both numbers vary greatly throughout the musical spectrum (and is influenced by your enclosure design, as well as the driver parameters).
Peak hold will be worthless while playing music because you wouldn't be measuring peak voltage and peak amperage at the same time. You would either need to take measurements one frequency at a time, or use a device capable of plotting both measurements simultaneously (as far as music is concerned).
Exactly. It's good to know there are others on here who understand.

The bottom line is - don't treat impedance rise as a 'bad' thing, it's simply a function of physics.

All setups are going to have some rise, learning to manipulate it, that is the trick.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.