how do you make a box/setup like this?

Participant count
  • Participant list

DJ B-Stee
10+ year member

what are the steps in making a trunk look like this:

5898phoenix_gold_setup_031-med.jpg

3012Mar10_25-med.jpg

i want the side walls and false floor like ADawg's, but the subs facing out like on JTz62's....

someone please describe the steps to fabricating trunks like this...i have a 96 grand am if that matters....

Take cardboard and start at any corner for the false floor hold the cardbord at the height desired to raise the floor and use a razor knife and start cutting it to match you can use duct tape to add on pieces or razor to cut them back off and just work your way aroudn the trunk adding more pieces of cardboard to one another once you have covered all the area you want to build a false floor in then stop transfer it to 1/4" MDF and cut perfect fit if you did it right. now for the box just do the same thing as far as the face that you will see goes and allow for the trunk arms to come down after you have the front place laid out in cardboard then trace it to some 3/4" MDF and cut now all you have left is to make the back side of the box just make it easy on yourself cause it won't be seen no point in makeing it any more complicated then it needs to be after that is done nail the box together wrap it in prefered exterior toss it in the trunk do the same w/ the false floor and you have the look shown above. I can do that process from start to finish in about 2 hours with 3 or 4 extra flush mount cutouts for caps batterys amps ect. Hope this helps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.