How do you fit 0 gauge wire into amp and fuse terminal.

If you have some 4 gauge wire and you're on a tight budget, get yourself a couple of hose clamps and clamp the 1/0 to the 4 a foot or so back from the point of termination and then wrap it up well with some good electrical tape (3M Super 35+, not off cheap, stiff stuff) or better yet, heat shrink it.

That will make a sound electrical connection that won't be dangerous. You can also trim the wires to fit in the terminals on the amp but with high strand count wire, it's difficult to get a clean cut that doesn't have stray wires branching out all over the place.

You can also make the connection between the two wires with kearneys or, split bolts as they're properly called but they're a bit more expensive than clamps... especially for 1/0.

As for the fuse block... pony up and buy one that will accommodate your wire. It's not a good idea to reduce wire size at the power source.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.