how do install sub amp to Factory JBL stereo 2004 Sequoia?

Participant count
  • Participant list

chay03
10+ year member

I bought 2001-2007 toyota radio amp interface adapter but i had the 10 pin molex instead of the needeed 20 pin molex.

It was a nice setup for an adapter but I think it was for non-jbl radio's.

Any ideas without it getting too messy. Trying to keep the stocke head unit and adding my sub amp to it.

thanks in advance

So the front factory amp is getting low level input from the stock head unit. There are no speaker outputs at the back of the HU to set up an LOC.

Wiring diagram says: Left front + to amp is red, Right Front + to amp is White, Common - to amp is Brown.

Im thinking to just tap into these wires with spliced rca cables, assuming they are low level inputs, and run them to the back. I could them plug the RCA's into my PG TLD22 to boost the signal some, or would an Audiocontrol LC2i be better? I'd probably run the LC2i off of the rear speakers that are factory amped but not enough to hurt the LC2i.

Good ideas? or any suggestions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.