how do i install

• Thread starter <dave>
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
The mach system has three amps, one behind radio, two in the back deck, lots of head units will play through the amps, but some will pop and have funny noises, if some one comes in our shop with a mach or bose factory sys, we have to replace every speaker and head and wire around the amps, thats the only way i can give lifetime warr. on the install.

i had the same problem w/my mustang, i just by-passed the amp and got new speakers and when its time to sell the car all i have to do is discunect a few wires and the factory amp will power the speakers again.

I'm about to install a Kenwood MP3/CD deck in my 1982 Mustang GLX and was wondering about tips for getting it to fit well in the two-knob area that i'm going to have to cut up for it to work. Not to mention the wiring

I had a 1983 Mustang GLX with a DIN-chassis hu installed in it. You just have to trim the dash to hold the sleeve for the HU, and I believe there is a place to mount the strap underneath the radio pocket in the dash between the dashboard and the console.

As for wiring goes, there most likely still are wiring harness adapters that will connect the stock wiring to your aftermarket hu. However, running new wiring through the dashboards on those cars is not very complicated and is usually my choice when doing an install on a '79-'86 Mustang. Taking the top dash pad off is really all that is required to easily string new wires to the dash speakers. It's also a great time to install new 3½" fronts.

Hope that helps..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Calmor
Screenshot_20240518-030709~2.png

1aespinoza

May 18, 2024