How do I hook up 4 amplifiers ?...and other questions

SQllover
10+ year member

canada
I'm running one for my CDT m6s in the doors, one four channel for my tweeters and another 4 channel for the 4 speakers in my rear deck, and a 4000 watt rms for my solo x 18. I have an alpine headunit that allows for one rca connections. Can I use a y adapter and distribution block ? Total watts 4000 rms at 2 ohms and 900 rms at four ohms. what kind of electrical system do I need ? Thanks

so you need 6 pre-outs since the 4 channels each have 2 sets. my advice is get some sort of processing device like an epicenter and go that route. And its not a good idea to use a splitter and a disto, you don't want to send the exact same signal to all the speakers. You really need a sub channel for the sub and some sort of crossover to the others.

And lastly, that sounds like HUGE overkill issues on the highs and the rear deck. 6 tweeters up front? plus i'm guessing co-ax's in the back for maybe 10 total?

You must have a crap ass alpine to only have one preout. I'd at least upgrade that and get sets of preouts. At least then you wont be messing so much with splitters...

To replace all the stock ones. I'm looking for something with 6 preamp out puts that i can connect to the cd player. I want the sub to cut out at 60 hz and the m6s to come in from there. The coaxials to come in ata round a 1000 hz, so on so fourth.

If you're putting in 4 amps, with all those speakers, upgrading the electrical system, etc. why would you not spend a couple hundred on a decent HU to replace the one you have now? Perhaps the one you have now is competent for what it does, but if it only has one set of pre-outs it was not designed or intended really to be the centre of a multi-amp, multi-speaker system you're trying to build.

Your overall system is only going to be as strong as it's worst part. Having thousands of dollars in amps, speakers, and electrical upgrades is still going to suffer at the hands of a $100 HU.

In short--please--upgrade the HU.

If you're putting in 4 amps, with all those speakers, upgrading the electrical system, etc. why would you not spend a couple hundred on a decent HU to replace the one you have now? Perhaps the one you have now is competent for what it does, but if it only has one set of pre-outs it was not designed or intended really to be the centre of a multi-amp, multi-speaker system you're trying to build.
Your overall system is only going to be as strong as it's worst part. Having thousands of dollars in amps, speakers, and electrical upgrades is still going to suffer at the hands of a $100 HU.

In short--please--upgrade the HU.
x2 not to meantion all the features and SQ you'll be getting

You could keep your current HU and get an active crossover.

The AudioControl 6XS would work but tuning the system will be a pain. The AudioControl EQXS eq/crossover will be much easier to tune but it's not cheap. Both crossovers have 8 output channels and over 7V output levels.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.