How do I connect speaker wire to speakers?

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

This is a really stupid question.

I bought a pair of speakers and an amp and speaker wire. But I can't figure out how I'm supposed to connect the wire to the speakers. The speakers didn't come with instructions. There are just two metal tabs on each speaker but no apparent way to stick the wire into them or anything. So basically, what I want to know is: how do I connect speaker wire to speakers? Thanks.

u need female spade connectors and a crimping tool, or u can solder it on. if u want to ghetto rig is, twist the wire together and stick it thru the hole on the voice coil and wrap it. i wouldnt do it, but it's been done before. i say use spade connectors for easy connection/disconnection.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.