How did it all start for you? this is how it all started for me...

no we walked down the rows and they had previously had machines come threw and pull the tassles but they missed some so we ripped the remaining ones out

16 years old. 69 mustang and not even a tape deck in it. The car came with one speaker in the dash and that was it. I took it down to my local shop and got them to put two Memphis 6x9's in the rear deck, a 5x7 in the front and a pioneer 2900 or 2000 head unit. Thats how it started for me...

i was 6 years old. sittin in tha back seat of my bro's jeep lettin the wind comeing from the port of his 2 10's blow threw my hair..... i was hoooked..

my bro started a audio/ accesories shop... and i was allways fallowing him around helping him install........ i started physicaly installing when i was 13. finished high school and went to R.I.T.O.P. School for mobile electronics. got certified and it's been my job since then...

Only thing I dont do is tint. I figure for 150 and a lifetime warranty, ill let them do it. I started installs around 13 or so. I worked at a small audio shop doing installs when I was 15.

85 mercury capri. Factory radio had no tape deck, so I saved up and bought some **** from wal mart. My friends dad put it. I had no idea about box sizes and all that ****, so I ended up with a 10 in a fullrange box that had everything removed. I thought it sounded great. Put in some 5x7's and 3.5's on the dash. I was big pimping.

Started out by replaceing the dash speakers in a 1990 4runner, then got a grand cherokee and actually did some research and bought 2 of the older type r's, alpine mrd-m501, alpine 9825, and cdt cl-62's off a hifonics amp. Sounded pretty good, but have upgraded since then. I've only been it car audio for around 4 years.

It all started for me when I was about 6 or 7 years old. I used to love to wake up on Saturdays to the garbage truck picking up the trash. My bed was in the corner of my room and when the truck would stop, my bed would vibrate and there was a 25-30hz hum coming from the truck. It was pretty **** loud and then as it drove away, it would sweep up to about 70hz. It was a beautiful and natural bass that entertained me for years.

When I was about 12-13, I started trying to replicate that sound and squeeze out all the low end I could from anything I could find (starting with some MTX terminators I found in the woods... no joke).

I still love the sound of a delivery truck or construction vehicles as they pass my house; it always brings a smile to my face.

One of my friends got a system, 2 w3's and some mb quart speakers. I got in and said "hey they dont sound like **** and distort like the **** that my car came with". Just kinda built up from there.
Pretty much the same with me. I heard an aftermarket system and was amazed you could capture home theater like clarity and loudness in a car. Been into it ever since. Mid 90's or so.

i had never heard any systems around my area, but i sold some stuff and had 200 layin around, so i got on ebay and got two 12" audio bahns in a prefab new for $150 and a rockford punch 250 and blew the **** out of those subs.

I got the car audio bug from my cousin, he used to have a sick trans-am( formula ) with two of the old skool punch heavys, and two hcca 2100 amps. When i got my first car (91 mercury capri convertible )lol. my dad gave me 2 orion cobalt 15's and an orion cs500.5. i used to think it was loud. I kept those subs for two more cars, a 89 astro van, and a 97 camry( current vehicle). After a few years i gave up the subs. but i dont think i will ever get rid of that amp.

I was into home theater first. I helped my dad build a couple subs for my home theater and did a lot of surround sound setup. My dad is really into speaker and sub design and builds speaker boxes and crossovers in his spare time.

Once I bought my car I immediately put in some crappy replacement 4x6s and 6x9s and a home theater sub off of an inverter...boy was I dumb.

Now I know better and am extremely happy with my setup. So is my dad, although he hasn't even heard my fully active setup yet with decent tweeters and mids.

a friends friend had a mid 90s chevy ext cab like mine with a huge orion amp and two XTRs either 12 or 15s, playing american woman it was making the ground shake, i think thats what did it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.