How Connect Equalizer to Kenwood KAC-M1824BT Bluetooth Amp?

Barrybobvt

CarAudio.com Newbie
Just got this and it sounds great, but has no tone or equalization capabilities. I am running it with just my IPhone - no head unit. If I buy an equalizer, it seems like I would have to put it between the amp and the speakers, but all I have is colored wires running from the harness to the speakers. Would I connect it to the amp's RCA In jacks?

Thanks!!

BB

Will not work this way. An external EQ will only work with the input RCAs on the amp, and any source going into the input if that EQ.
Your best bet is to use an EQ application that works with your phone's music application.
So it has to go at or between the source and the amp? Luckily Spotify has an EQ but other streaming sources like radio don’t.

Just found a bunch of iPhone apps that do EQ so I’ll see how those work. I am assuming I can’t just put an equalizer into the RCA In jacks if I’m using my iPhone and Bluetooth - correct?

I am assuming I can’t just put an equalizer into the RCA In jacks if I’m using my iPhone and Bluetooth - correct?
Correct. The phone's BT overrides the headphone jack (at least on the ones I've used). So if you jack the signal into the EQ's RCA input, it will be silent. But there is no need for that since the signal being streamed will already be modified.

The hitch is Apple is notorious for not allowing apps to have system-level control over other apps. You may have a tough time finding an EQ app that will affect streaming apps.

I don't do Apple but I know there are hundreds if not thousands of booster and EQ apps for Android that work with ANY other app. Don't see why Apple would be any different.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Barrybobvt

CarAudio.com Newbie
Barrybobvt
Vermont
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views