How come my CVR's aren't punching that hard?

You can always tune your subs at sub bass+ at 11 or so and be fine with the setting at that level.

I always tune my subs with +11 sw level or so just incase some knuckle head borrows my car and turns it up =]
Yes. either / or. I just advised him where to set his gain then, remembered when I set my gain on my zx750 I had HU sub level @ zero. I'm going to do it your way with my new install, sub level like 10

I'm working on my 4 cf 37 hz box. After I install my new box, would my CVRs move more and hit harder?
that will be a shitload better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Lol
Ever heard of a period or comma?
proper grammar? are you kidding me? lolz, sorry I was eating and was in a hurry //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I got everything tuned. My amp gain is about 3/4 up. And amp bass boost is about 1/4 up. Amp x-over is around 70 hz. My head unit bass is at -3 and sub level is at max. Loudness on the head unit is on. Head unit bass frequency is at 80 hz. Could my prefab box at 2.8 cubic feet be the reason why my subs aren't moving a lot when the bass hits? CVRs require 2 cubic feet per sub. I am working on my box in the mean time.
Never use bass boost at all, you are sending a MAJORLY distorted signal to your amp, which is getting amplified many times. You will never have bass that has "punch" without it being clean.

It took me 5 years to realize this. Cleaner your signal, cleaner the bass, more punch.

Since my amp is 750 watts @ 2 ohm and 375 watts @ 4 ohms, running my ZX 750.1 at 1 ohm is not good for my amp though right?
dont listen to him. if the amp was stable daily for 1 ohm, they would make it say 1 ohm stable. if you need a different amp to get to 1 ohm, then buy 1. But dont jerry-rig a good amp and smoke it. 1 ohm daily will fry that amp.

that will be a shitload better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

proper grammar? are you kidding me? lolz, sorry I was eating and was in a hurry //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

"..Greezee azz key board now I gotz to take a shiit.."

Never use bass boost at all, you are sending a MAJORLY distorted signal to your amp, which is getting amplified many times. You will never have bass that has "punch" without it being clean.
It took me 5 years to realize this. Cleaner your signal, cleaner the bass, more punch.
if the gains are set correctly the bass boost on your amp will not "distort" anything at all. this has been debated 100's of times on here with no evidence or proof to prove otherwise.

now if it was a walmart special amp, then I would agree, but not with your amp.

if the gains are set correctly the bass boost on your amp will not "distort" anything at all. this has been debated 100's of times on here with no evidence or proof to prove otherwise.
now if it was a walmart special amp, then I would agree, but not with your amp.
Ditto. Or, the sheesh bumpin so hard..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Is that distortion I hear? Nah, but does that bad boy bang with 50% BB:crazy:

So bass boost or no bass boost? I just want to know how to make my subs move more when the bass plays. Cause my subs are barely moving but the music is slappin..I know it could be louder though..

dont listen to him. if the amp was stable daily for 1 ohm, they would make it say 1 ohm stable. if you need a different amp to get to 1 ohm, then buy 1. But dont jerry-rig a good amp and smoke it. 1 ohm daily will fry that amp.
I think I remembered saying to the op.. oh yeah> "..if your NOT gonna keep the amp for life.."

It's simple: if you wanna get louder and you have $$$, buy another amp or run the Kicker 1 ohm. If you really care so much about the amp and you ain't got the dough, how will I be able to hear you? Hey there's quite a few people running that amp at 1 ohm and are still going years strong.

Depends whom is using it respectively. Yes, anything can happen and it will. Not everything is built the exact same. Even cars & their engines. Some last a really really long time but, some will break down sooner. Luck of the draw.

I think I remembered saying to the op.. oh yeah> "..if your NOT gonna keep the amp for life.."
It's simple: if you wanna get louder and you have $$$, buy another amp or run the Kicker 1 ohm. If you really care so much about the amp and you ain't got the dough, how will I be able to hear you? Hey there's quite a few people running that amp at 1 ohm and are still going years strong.

Depends whom is using it respectively. Yes, anything can happen and it will. Not everything is built the exact same. Even cars & their engines. Some last a really really long time but, some will break down sooner. Luck of the draw.
I don't think I'm going to run my amp off 1 ohm. I turned off the loudness on the head unit and I put the bass to 0 instead of -3. It sounds better now. I'm not sure if the subs are moving more cause its night time and I don't feel like looking at them. I plan to sell my system in a few months to upgrade so I'll run the amp at what its made for.

That is smart. When I did mine 1 ohm, I didn't care to go back to 4 ohms. It also depends on your car's electrical somewhat because the zx750 will **** your batt. boomin at 1 ohm.

That is smart. When I did mine 1 ohm, I didn't care to go back to 4 ohms. It also depends on your car's electrical somewhat because the zx750 will **** your batt. boomin at 1 ohm.
yeah my lights dim hella much at night. I need to get a new battery lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jer510

10+ year member
Slap Addict
Jer510
Oakland, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date