how can i get rid of the car noise?

you are sure the power wire for the amp and the rca's are on seperate sides of the car? if so ... is the rca cord running past the fuse box or any other source of electricity? if it is then you will need to reroute or add additional shielding to the rca. make sure your ground connections are all good as well.

well the noise is now only on the front speakers the ones in the back (6by9s) sound good, also i noticed that the power wire for the amp is right next to a pair of rca cable so what should i do, move that rca cable to the other side of the car right next to that other one? and the power and remote wires there together? or what

I had the same problem. If rerouting the signal cables doesn't work. You can decrease the noise by turning down the gain on the amp powering your front speakers.

A line driver will also eliminate this noise. Make sure the back of your head unit is not toching any metal on the car. Try a different ground point. make sure it is a good one and that your ground wire is at least as thick as your power wire.

Power wire being near your RCA is BS. If you think that you need to keep away from that power wire cause it inducts noise into your rcas then what about the ground???? Kind of hard to keep away from when it the whole car! You need to make muting plugs and debug your system! don't play with your grounds or power wires

chris....i know you think you know it all....and everytime i read a post similar to this i know that somewhere down the line im going to see you say somthing about muting plugs or richard clark....but the stuff that we mention does work....i have had the same problem and just moved the power and rca to diff. sides of the car and it solved the problem....so unless you can come up w/ some reason as to why doing it this way did infact work then please dont use your muting plug thing that you got from carsound.com as the answer for everything....thanks

First I don't know it all. Second RC has nothing to do with muting plugs. The reason that you may have solved a inducted noise problem by moving the RCAs is cause--- The RCAs had high impedance causing the RCAs not to reject the magnetic field they were in. The best example is an antenna cause that is how an antenna works. If your thinking that the power wire inducts noise into the RCAs then what about the ground? Here is a little fact. The most effective time to induct noise into the RCAs would be at idle because of the signal to noise ratio[there is no signal] That means the power wire would have to be pull max current to induct the most noise. We all know that at idle power usage by the AMP is at the least! So you can rule that out. You see no matter were you move the RCAs you will always be near a power wire THE GROUND. What the muting plugs do is give the AMP 0 volts and 0 impedance at the signal input letting you rule out down stream processors leaking or bad RCAs

well the only thing i have ever heard you post is about muting plugs...you say your an expert...but you have never posted anything but muting plugs...and you also seem to treat everyone else that dis agree's w/ you like crap...so i dont really tend to respect you much.....try not using such techincal and rude antics and everyone might tend to listen a little more....

I never said I was an expert. I'm just like you BUT willing to learn. I just debate the BS side of car audio with people showing people why the BS it doesn't make sense. I then try to show the right way to bebug audio systems. I'm not tring to flame anyone but rather make them see the light. I went through the phase of telling people that most problems are related to grounds or power wires near signal lines and I did so cause that's what I was told! After learning more about audio I find it funny the stuff I did when trouble shooting or giving advice. Now when I see posts I jump in with the correct answer to shorten everyones learning curve. If you choose not to believe me or listen that's OK.

CHRIS:

You just said it doesnt matter that rca goes along one side with power... YOU ARE SO WRONG HERE!!!

Dont you know the basics on electrical engineering ? Even passive CAT5 network cables have jumping signals.. RCA and power do not mix !! (fact)

Next to that i'm kinda sick of this question... We should open up a default thread that people see when logging in about this... There's a simple step by step solution to this which always works....

1. Clean grounds (always a good thing)

2. Separate RCA from other cables

3. Sound not gone then place caliber LT2 filter (no loss, noise gone)

If you reach step 3 then your amp does have a malfunction altho it will still play.. If you have a mono device attached to the same cable then use a LT3 filter instead of an LT2 because you will loose bass otherwise.

gl and peace

Note to chris: I'm not trying to disrespect ya but you do always come on with remarks that shows up as fact while it are only opinions. And if you still think rca and power can never be a problem then u'r just plain nuts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by beastyle CHRIS:

You just said it doesnt matter that rca goes along one side with power... YOU ARE SO WRONG HERE!!!
HEY what up man. Here we go again!
Dont you know the basics on electrical engineering ? Even passive CAT5 network cables have jumping signals.. RCA and power do not mix !! (fact)
Your thinking of another application thats were the problems for you is. YES in other applications you wouldn't put signal near power wire CAUSE that wire pull current independent of the signal. meaning that it would be pulling max current when the signal is at it lowest[s/n ratio] But in a car audio application the power pull by the amp is DIRRECTLY DEPENDENT on the signal. SO that mean that the power wires only chance to induct noise into RCAs in the same time when it CANN'T cause of the AMP being at idle.Good rule for other applications but bad for car audio trouble shooting.
Next to that i'm kinda sick of this question... We should open up a default thread that people see when logging in about this... There's a simple step by step solution to this which always works....

1. Clean grounds (always a good thing)

2. Separate RCA from other cables

3. Sound not gone then place caliber LT2 filter (no loss, noise gone)

If you reach step 3 then your amp does have a malfunction altho it will still play.. If you have a mono device attached to the same cable then use a LT3 filter instead of an LT2 because you will loose bass otherwise.
you know why you aways have to retype this answer--- cause it doesn't work
gl and peace

Note to chris: I'm not trying to disrespect ya but you do always come on with remarks that shows up as fact while it are only opinions. And if you still think rca and power can never be a problem then u'r just plain nuts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
nothing i have said is an opion you can test these points yourself and you'll come up with the same answers. YES power wires aren' t the problem the reason you think they are is cause your using knowlege from ANOTHER APPLICATION. If they are what about the GROUND being they are the WHOLE CAR. hey don't worry about me i'm not upset at all i get this everytime I try to kill the BS cause that's what people have believed for years and they cann't let it go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.