How an audiophile is created?

New to your forum here...been out of the scene for a few years and just decided to dust of some of my equipment and get back into it (lol not going so well in that end butt working on it)...any way while I was piddling with with my old equipment I just got to thinking about old times and how I got started as a bass head...lol me and my best friend started in early 90's with about the cheapest and crappiest equip you could buy...so anyway it got me curious about you other members...what started the bug? What got you interested? Whether you're a basshead, audiophile, car audio enthusiast or whatever you call yourself I'm interested in hearing about your experience and what piqued your interest
As a child/teen I had my father's EXCELLENT Mcintiosh 20W MONO tube amp, a Mcintosh preamp (also tubes) and a 15" Altec Lansing studio monitor speaker in a huge cabinet to play with and on!! Talk about AUDIOPHILE quality sound equipment!

IOW my FATHER taught me to be an audiophile! The best EQUIPMENT!

Now I have two Klipsch La Scala speakers powered by a Macintosh MC2105 SOLID STATE amp, and two 15" Subwoofers through a Phase Linear 400 power amp! BIAMPING! Not great EQ but I have a 20 band stereo professional equalizer with 1/4" phone plug inputs/outputs NOT IMPLEMENTER YET! ! Just two LPFs on the RCA inputs to the Phase Linear 400, which with the BASS control on the Technics preamp handles pretty nicely

Oh and that Alpine auto system I have in Baby II? Still sounding GREAT!! Not quite as great as my INDOOR system, but little is!

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

As a child/teen I had my father's EXCELLENT Mcintiosh 20W MONO tube amp, a Mcintosh preamp (also tubes) and a 15" Altec Lansing studio monitor speaker in a huge cabinet to play with and on!! Talk about AUDIOPHILE quality sound equipment!
IOW my FATHER taught me to be an audiophile! The best EQUIPMENT!

Now I have two Klipsch La Scala speakers powered by a Macintosh MC2105 SOLID STATE amp, and two 15" Subwoofers through a Phase Linear 400 power amp! BIAMPING! Not great EQ but I have a 20 band stereo professional equalizer with 1/4" phone plug inputs/outputs NOT IMPLEMENTER YET! ! Just two LPFs on the RCA inputs to the Phase Linear 400, which with the BASS control on the Technics preamp handles pretty nicely

Oh and that Alpine auto system I have in Baby II? Still sounding GREAT!! Not quite as great as my INDOOR system, but little is!

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...
Sounds like a great memory...lost my dad in nivember

Sounds like a great memory...lost my dad in nivember
Yeah, lost mine at age 99 Jan 2017!

He INVESTED WISELY though and left almost 1.5 MILLION$ when he passed, split THREE WAYS! I was one of the THIRDS! Until I invested in a Shared international Student Living HOUSE!

Now I'm gonna start a NOT FOR PROFIT 21st Century Third Industrial Revolution BUSINESS! CooperativeCorporationsSTL.ORG, a not for profit business to acquire, Real Estate repair, rebuild/modify for the future (100% electric, off Fossil Fuels!)) and HUMAN RESOURCE for International Students! Housing, cultural sharing, community, etc!

*I* am not gonna get rich doing this, but I am gonna ENRICH YUMANITY!

John Kuthe...

Yeah, lost mine at age 99 Jan 2017!
He INVESTED WISELY though and left almost 1.5 MILLION$ when he passed, split THREE WAYS! I was one of the THIRDS! Until I invested in a Shared international Student Living HOUSE!

Now I'm gonna start a NOT FOR PROFIT 21st Century Third Industrial Revolution BUSINESS! CooperativeCorporationsSTL.ORG, a not for profit business to acquire, Real Estate repair, rebuild/modify for the future (100% electric, off Fossil Fuels!)) and HUMAN RESOURCE for International Students! Housing, cultural sharing, community, etc!

*I* am not gonna get rich doing this, but I am gonna ENRICH YUMANITY!

John Kuthe...
What is it with you and CAPS and exclamation points? Are you always excited and yelling?
When I read the stupid shit you write, I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster. All the yelling and excitement.

What is it with you and CAPS and exclamation points? Are you always excited and yelling?
When I read the stupid shit you write, I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster. All the yelling and excitement.
I have Bipolar Disorder, became unmanageable for me in 2015 and I got on 100mg Seroquel HS which helps me. Of course CDB Oil and Cannabis also helped me, for YEARS!

John Kuthe..

I have Bipolar Disorder, became unmanageable for me in 2015 and I got on 100mg Seroquel HS which helps me. Of course CDB Oil and Cannabis also helped me, for YEARS!
John Kuthe..
Alright then, lol. MAKES SENSE!

If you guys means John Queerthe and by atoms you mean little boys booty holes, then yes, he does dream of such a thing.
No, I certainly DO NOT mean little boys booty holes. I mean those things that retarded scientists think are physical. Those little mirco-torsion fields.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.