How all do you secure your rides?

iv got a manual hood release from the outside in case the battery's ever die doubtful but possible.. also one door unlocks with the key and you can use the outside handle but none of the locks are controlled with the switches or from the inside anymore so if they break a window they will have to pry them open... i do drive a truck for a living so it does spend more time locked up in a storage unit then on the road.. i just worry about walmart and the mall or where ever else i might go when im home
ok cool. ya i like having a backup for my backup lol . as with a lowrider and a lot of bass, electrical devices dont last very long. when i mount something i use rubber feet to keep the vibes down.

A tow truck will beat any alarm.that being said security bolts(at least it will be a hassle to undo them,a silent alarm with a pager,maybe a kill switch could also get gps tracking for a small monthly fee

Don't go driving through neighborhoods (especially your own) going full tilt everywhere. Park in a garage, bolt your sub/amps down to the floor with security screws. Take your face plate off when parked at night. Alarms will help scare off thieves..I'd say get it.

A couple weeks ago I was coming home from a long long drive and realized in the morning that I left my doors wide open. MFW I don't live in the ghetto and wasn't even worried.

limo tint rear windows

sunshade to cover from the front

dont blast music when you are close to your destination

keep everything up front clean and plain OR make it look like you have a lot of trash and garbage. Either works fine.

dont forget to lock your doors and prep the alarm

worked well for me all these years.

I bought a pack of military ping activated GPS stickers. I put them on my high value components. So after my alarm is activated a automated module activates the GPS stickers on my gear. If you do steal it I can track all my equipment anytime I feel like. Car battery or not. I have no problem telling people because by the time you figure out what they look like you'll be in arraignment. These are not fool proof as they require maintenance. But very effective and accurate.

A 4'jumper wire with a push button and spare computer has made alot of high tech guys scratching there ***. Insurance and commonsence is about all ya can do. If someone wants it, they can get it. All this "cant be stolen" talk ends when a guns in your face. Just plan for the worst

Its something to slow people down.
What better idea do you have? Alarms are a no-brainer. What else?
ya bolt things down. i have my box bolted to my floor inside my box. my amps are bolted. and dont use any old bolt. security bolts. alarm,, gun,, lol.

depends on how much you like your car...

On my old sound off car, I used a Viper alarm. Dbl. hood, trunk, door sensors. glass breakage sensor, interior prox sensor. Brain hidden up in the top center of dash. Dummy brain above column wired into the real alarm. Dbl battery back up, two sirens up front, two inside the car, two in the back, all on relays, all 120db sirens. diodes on all external lighting circuits. It had 4 attempts on it, that I know of, none successful ...

Now for my truck, I have an AR,12ga, and a .22. 2 air rifles and a crossbow, a german shephard, and 2 mutts. 11.5 acres back in the woods. (my drive is a 1/4 mi long)And a tractor with a 6'x18" post hole digger .....

And everything in my truck is bolted through the floor, and hidden. If you looked in it, you wouldn't know it even had a system in it ...

Hell, if you looked at my truck, you wouldn't even expect it to have a stereo in it ...LOL...

ya bolt things down. i have my box bolted to my floor inside my box. my amps are bolted. and dont use any old bolt. security bolts. alarm,, gun,, lol.
depends on how much you like your car...
I like my car, but don't mind bolting things down. I'm not too worried about my Banda right now, but will definitely secure things when I upgrade

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.