[Horn, completed] Design for Fi BL

surreal
10+ year member

On my katy perry sht
OK
Design request by BRMCM15 for his Fi BL. Request for a heavy low end and clean output.

d70235711037142579134504bad9ddda.image.750x429.png

viewshareblhorn2.png

Has more port area than the sub does cone area!

Will be a very nice enclosure.

The design can be found/purchased here for other BL owners:

BL High-output horn - $25.00 : TheBoxHouse, Enclosure designs

generally low frequency horns are huge and you use compression as well..

horns are like transformers where the compliance is varied to better match the compliance of the atmosphere..

but the key is to have a compression ratio between the compliance of the woofer to the compliance of the mouth of the horn..or one side is a smaller sealed box being very over damped and the mouth has a variance in dampening depending on frequency bandwidth and the acoustical environment..

generally low frequency horns are huge and you use compression as well..horns are like transformers where the compliance is varied to better match the compliance of the atmosphere..

but the key is to have a compression ratio between the compliance of the woofer to the compliance of the mouth of the horn..or one side is a smaller sealed box being very over damped and the mouth has a variance in dampening depending on frequency bandwidth and the acoustical environment..
wat

generally low frequency horns are huge and you use compression as well..horns are like transformers where the compliance is varied to better match the compliance of the atmosphere..

Generally, low frequency horns are always limited in a domestic environment compared to the coupling that needs to be given. It's called "limitations" in which sacrifices have to be made. Plus, a LOT of variations have proven effective in relation to acoustics from the "general" form of a proper horn. Agreed though, this is very acoustically small with not much more output than a BR, but does inhabit the effects of added efficiency to the design in comparison, which is a very important factor in trying to achieve high accurate output in a small room. SO, leave your "I'm better than you" attitude out, unless you want to go for round two with me. This guy is doing what he can with what he has. Leave your HT talk for HT forums. This forum is about car audio, not "general" audio. You have to understand the limitations we have to deal with. I completely agree with your statements and fully understand what you are saying, but don't use it to attack people and their great work.

nice enclosure. flared port, just like mine, has some great low end and sounds great doing it, not bad for an AQ hdc3 ; )

btw, keep your hatin bullshit to the thunderdome.

There are many variances of a 'horn'. Check AVs forums in the hornresp tuts, it clearly denotes this enclosure as a rear loading horn. Similar to a ported box? Yes, though obviously it has its differences.

Yay for Mobile! Hope all is well with you man. Im pretty busy these days //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

There are many variances of a 'horn'. Check AVs forums in the hornresp tuts, it clearly denotes this enclosure as a rear loading horn. Similar to a ported box? Yes, though obviously it has its differences.Yay for Mobile! Hope all is well with you man. Im pretty busy these days //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
What's up man!? Yea, it's better than the last month, lol. Had a whole lot of changes going on, one which I haven't recovered from yet....maybe never will, but everything else is better. Really glad your doing well! Keep up the hard work! I decided to start a thread with some finished designs in them as well. Seems like a great idea so why not, lol. Anyhow, talk to you later!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

surreal

10+ year member
On my katy perry sht
surreal
OK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date