1998 grand prix amp and sub added to stock system using high end output jacks.

mstauffer

I installed a sony explode amp with one 12 inch sub and we used the high end outputs instead of the rca cable because the stock stereo that has heads up display and steering wheel controls still works fine. Am I not understanding the high end output jacks pupose?

What exactly is your issue? Sounds to me like you successfully connected some dope a$$ equipment to your stock head unit using high level inputs rather than the low level RCAs. Congrats. Enjoy it.

it wont work. when we turn the gain down it hums loudly through sub otherwise the music comes through the sub but un amplified thanks any advise helps

it wont work. when we turn the gain down it hums loudly through sub otherwise the music comes through the sub but un amplified thanks any advise helps
Thats due to the high quality equipment you purchased.

In all seriousness what are your amp settings?

I dont know. its a 1000 watt amp with a visonix 12" sub what settings ? i followed the directions this is the third one i have installed for the kids the other two worked fine but had rca jacks . i ran the pos and neg speaker wires from his rear 6 x 9s down into the high end out put we are just tryin to get some bass

I dont know. its a 1000 watt amp with a visonix 12" sub what settings ? i followed the directions this is the third one i have installed for the kids the other two worked fine but had rca jacks . i ran the pos and neg speaker wires from his rear 6 x 9s down into the high end out put we are just tryin to get some bass
throw a midget in the trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Relay a message to the rest of your friends. Let them know I said not to trust you touching their ish. It's for their own safety as someone who doesn't even realize that amps have settings should not be touching anything dealing with electricity.

i think you need to start by posting amp model number, cause for all i know you wired you rear 6x9's into the B+ and ground. we need to see the amp your working with and the connections it has to help you.

if your amp doesnt have ANY type of harness to wire in the high input from the speakers, it should have been pretty straight forward.

you would be doing yourself a favor to buy a high output converter, and adding some rcas from the head unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.