Honest Review "JVC KW-NT3HDT"

Participant count
  • Participant list

Blazed SS

Review of Head Unit:

I have owned this unit for a year now after seeing it at CES Jan 2010 it is a nice compact product with excellent features. Nav and radio work well. I would buy it again over other products at current time based on HD radio, nav, and HD news and traffic updates etc.

Pros:

1. Bluetooth capability with easy set-up. Can elect to use hands free or not.

2. Rapid boot-up with quick viewing of rear-view camera.

3. Multiple nav viewing options, with good voice directions. Can search based on phone numbers. Nice well visible screen.

4. Lifetime subscription to HD traffic updates, News, and Weather channels. Easy ability to scan business, world news, and local weather. I really like this feature and find it more useful to me than iPod /i pad tune scanning, but this will vary with users.

5. Ability to upgrade firmware with > or = 128 MB SD (SDHC) card.

6. Can add Google POI onto maps using an SD card. I love this feature for going to shows (hotel event and everything else can be preset from laptop home or office not just from the deck )

7. Easily detachable faceplate for high theft areas. A++

8. Has a single USB connector in front.

9. I pad works great with it and I can control every thing I want from out side of the car and looks cool when I am at a show

10. free software updates for life and they have all ready released some making the deck work even better than when I first got it

Cons:

1. Bluetooth only connects to one device at a time, so you need to select which one you use.

2. Route navigation does not present with multiple options immediately after a search, such as shortest, fastest, etc. once a destination is selected. The options must be pre-selected prior to destination entry. This should be considered in future products in my opinion.

3. Would be nice to put jpeg images on the SD card as "wallpaper", and be able to listen to radio while images play, bu this is a minor complaint.

over after a year I would give it a 4.7 out of 5

and would buy it again

let me know if you have any questions

Blazed SS

thanks for the review

ive been eying this unit

my only thing was the preouts are kinda low and the resistance is high

what are your thoughts? What amps and speakers are you using with the unit?

2 Kicker L7s 15" 4 ohm ea., 2 Mtx 1000XD mono Amps, Kicker 500.1 4 chanel amp,Sound stream BX-20Z sound processer ,focal K2 165 KRX3 -2nd set of 1 1/2" Focal K2 tweeters

with this set up I have had no problems the RTA testing looks good and SQ is high

I hope this helps

Blazed SS, could you please forward me any links that you discover regarding this unit. I too really enjoy it in my Excursion and have been looking for ways to expand it. I tried all over to run different types of movie formats through the SD card and get them to play. I was told that it had been done but I just haven't got it figured yet. I too also tried to insert wallpaper images from the SD card and flash drive and it wouldn't work. I have up loaded the software update from JVC but if you know other ways of expanding this, or even jail-breaking it, I am all ears! You can send them directly to my e-mail at Mikeandjaye@cox.net

I have been looking all over for someone to start a blog on this unit and it has been a tough run... Thanks - Mike!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Blazed SS

Blazed SS
Sunriver,Or
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date