SOLD honda fans ___reply here please

ifandorbuts
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
phx
My wife drives a 94 civic es 2 door

she has a problem backing in to things, so her 2 front quarter panels have dings and dents in them

and one of the rear corners does as well. We want to sell her car, but with this dampage it looks pretty shabby.

I was wondering, if we could get more money for the car if we were to buy a body kit of some sort to replace the quarter panels and rear bumber?!?!

I dont know mucha bout body kits and such, but I don know that kids here in AZ love hondas and rice.

would buying a cheap, yet attrtactive body kit that would replace these damaged areas of the car be worth the cost of the body kit?

would I get the money out of it plus more, or should I just get rid of the car the way it is.

thank inadvance

ANT

Well I like honda civics, accords, and del sol....but I dont own a honda..rice has taken them out of control....but I think if you look around you could find a cheap body kit and you would for sure get much more then your asking price, but shoot a price on what your asking and I could help more...also it being a 2 door is a total turn on for most, because a 4 door looks more towards family car depending on the car....also if its a manual tranny your in more luck because alot look for more power and we all know a standard has more power then a automatic....even better if yours is the Vtech V-6....many factors play a role...could you not get a new rear bumper and panels and sand them down yourself then have them color matched to the car and put them on yourself shouldnt cost anymore then 250$

go to the junk yard and look for new fenders and the back bumper and do what he said, the paint shouldnt be much and the prices of the parts shouldnt be much either, just gotta take time to find the parts at the yard

mike

Yea thanks for adding that I forgot that part...junk yard is the way, cause if you buy them new...lol you are better off getting the body kit cause they will run about the same...let me tell you body kits are not cheap at all...the cheapest I have seen a good one is 800$ they normally range from 800$-2000$...put that up against 250$....also if you do most the work you got it made so you know its done right (hopefully :p ) you can paint it also, but I dont advise it unless you really know what your doing and can match paint....otherwise let the pro do the painting....it cuts down on the cost if its pre-sanded also, because then they dont have to do it.

Okay I'm still try to follow here, you want to add a skirt kit to detract from the dents in the quarter panel, correct??? well I'm on my 4th honda and I usually supe up my cars before I sell em. i am currently finishing off my latest project a 93 civic and generally if you want to skirt it out you'd probably have to paint it so you would proly also get a chance to fix up those quarters...so it would be kinda mute to fix up the vechs like dat. But generally if you have a bice looking ride there is always a kid out there willing to spend the money he saved up during his summer job to buy it.

i've seen kits for civics as low as $500 or less. get a hunda tuning mag, or sportcompactcar mag or one of those. you could also get Z3 fenders they are probably cheaper them OEM

it would prolly be cheaper and EASIER to sell the car if it's stock. many people don't like "done up" cars... a lot of people would rather buy a car w/ hubs over aftermarket rims.. it's just how them wierdo's function:rolleyes: don't ask me why

Originally posted by more_spl it would prolly be cheaper and EASIER to sell the car if it's stock. many people don't like "done up" cars... a lot of people would rather buy a car w/ hubs over aftermarket rims.. it's just how them wierdo's function:rolleyes: don't ask me why
Wierdos?

Some people don't like their cars molested. Or want the attention, something little prep f*cks get those for.

just go to the junkyard n replace watever is dented. i think you said the front and rear bumper (dunno wat u mean by front quarter), but if that's the case, just get them in the junkyard and replace them. if u need to paint them to match color just do it.

Originally posted by TheGrimReaperKD Wierdos?

Some people don't like their cars molested. Or want the attention, something little prep f*cks get those for.
i was not referring to people who deck out the imports..My statement blew right over your head

(statement)------->

(head) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

in my opinion i wouldn't go for a body kit to really get it done right it would cost at least $1000 unless ur planing on doing in yourself. u might just check into getting the digs taken out depenging on how bad they are... they have dent less now which doesn't require painting and that would save alot of money... but i u want some body kit sites let me konw i just don't think it would be worth it in this situation..

i skipped reading most the replies.. but dont buy a body kit..it will be cheaper to just goto the junk yar and buy the parts u need and get them painted..if you buy a body kit.. thats atleat 500$.. and u said u need front side panels.. well thats extra.. thats another 200$ +

then u have to ge theses painted as well..also, alot of times, they dont match up that great and yoour going to have to do some work to make them fit right.. or else pay some1 else to do it.. and its not really going to help its resell.. people usually like to fix it up their selfs

quite off-topic here but...

Ant, is your Dad recovering well? I really hope his hospitalization was false alarm...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yeah, he is fine. It turned out to be a some sort of intense strain of the flu

?!!?

they just wanted to take all the procautions possible

thanks for asking

ANT

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.