Honda ELD

jasonjs
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SoCal LA
Honda's Electrical Load Detector (ELD for short). The ELD has high and low output modes and generally only reads current draw through the fusebox while things connected to the battery are not seen by it.

In high output mode, life is great, and one will get charging voltages in the 14.x range. In low output mode, life is horrible and the ECU will reduce the alternator's charging voltage to some point between 12.5 and 12.7 volts

How do i get rid of the ELD???//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

I have made this exact thread, with almost the exact OP, and have yet to receive a response, unless you have an Si, in which case the answer is FlashPro.

Swap to a JDM ECU, if you can.

Otherwise, your options are short (currently discussing this same thing on 2 other forums) :

-(Kind of confirmed by another 6thGenAccord member) Drive with your headlights on

-(Unconfirmed as of right now) Add in the Canadian OEM DRL module so there is a constant load

-(Unconfirmed) Convert to OBDI with a P28 or P13 ECU

-(Undone as far as I'm aware) Add some kind of resistor network to the ECU to fool it

-(Would have to ask a tuner) Remove the ECU and run a standalone like an AEM EMS

Options are slim

EDIT: Literally just got another confirmation that turning on the headlights DOES stop the voltage drop. That's 2 people who've had luck with it. AccordFlex on 6GA is credited for the suggestion

GOT THIS FROM RYAN ON CACO

ok guys i tried this on my 97 accord, i simply unplugged the ELD and my voltage was basically determined by engine speed. i was able to maintain 14.5 volts at 2000 rpm. idle was at @ 13 volts. i might try it with the factory alternator and see what it does.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.