home theater sub

60_cent
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
atlanta, GA
I'm planning on upgrading my home theater and came across this...http://www.svsubwoofers.com.

From reading the reviews and looking at what they have to offer it seems like it's direction I'm heading.

Does anyone know anything about them or hear one of there cylinder tube style subs boxs in person?

Can anyone tell me anything about them?

I'm planning on upgrading my home theater and came across this...http://www.svsubwoofers.com.

From reading the reviews and looking at what they have to offer it seems like it's direction I'm heading.

Does anyone know anything about them or hear one of there cylinder tube style subs boxs in person?

Can anyone tell me anything about them?
Using cylider subs in HT has many disadvantages. Sound is clean and loud but it is altso of a high frequency. I suggest that vou look at servo-drive woofers for HT they utilize a servo motor to move the cone instead of the usual magnet and motor assembley. You can check it out at http://www.velodyne.com Their F-Series (discontinued) and digital drive system is servo control. A servo 12" is like a top of the line 18". They can be bought on ebay for around $200. Reccomended.

Using cylider subs in HT has many disadvantages. Sound is clean and loud but it is altso of a high frequency. I suggest that vou look at servo-drive woofers for HT they utilize a servo motor to move the cone instead of the usual magnet and motor assembley. You can check it out at http://www.velodyne.com Their F-Series (discontinued) and digital drive system is servo control. A servo 12" is like a top of the line 18". They can be bought on ebay for around $200. Reccomended.

Sorry man, you have no ideal what you are talking about. Read your on link about Servo-driven sub tec. ''No magent and motor assembley''. That's a good one.

Servo Tec. means that a ''tiny device measures the actual motion of the speaker cone 3,500 times a second. The data is then fed into a processor were it is compared to the original input signal. Any discrepancies are corrected instantaneously. The result is high impact, musical bass with less than 1% distortion all the way down to 20Hz and below''.

Every statement in this post but the last one is wrong. I am not hear to bash you, I am saying this so people will not be misled.

60_cent, take KayGees advice above.

Wow......just wow. Have you ever seen a servo driver before??

THIS is a servo sub

4703servo1.jpg

The sub you are talking about is a servo CONTROLLED sub, it still has a magnet and voice coil.

I had a 20-39 PCi before I moved. It's amazing, clean tight bass. It gets very loud and shakes everything. I'm going to be getting the PB2+ shortly with 2 12" drivers. Can't wait. Go to http://www.hometheaterforum.com for more help and reviews

I look at both and was wondering which one to go with the PC or PB series. I really like the PB because it looks like it won't take up two much space and sound just as good if not better than the PCi series.

Wow......just wow. Have you ever seen a servo driver before??
THIS is a servo sub

4703servo1.jpg

The sub you are talking about is a servo CONTROLLED sub, it still has a magnet and voice coil.
The Phoenix Gold cyclone is servo control????

Every statement in this post but the last one is wrong. I am not hear to bash you, I am saying this so people will not be misled.
60_cent, take KayGees advice above.
At any rate the Velodyne servo control will sound better than most, and i said most cylinder subs. I own one myself and i used to own a phoenix gold cyclone.

Sorry man, you have no ideal what you are talking about. Read your on link about Servo-driven sub tec. ''No magent and motor assembley''. That's a good one.
Servo Tec. means that a ''tiny device measures the actual motion of the speaker cone 3,500 times a second. The data is then fed into a processor were it is compared to the original input signal. Any discrepancies are corrected instantaneously. The result is high impact, musical bass with less than 1% distortion all the way down to 20Hz and below''.
Yes, I was wrong about that one.

At any rate the Velodyne servo control will sound better than most, and i said most cylinder subs. I own one myself and i used to own a phoenix gold cyclone.

I think what you are trying to say is that a Velodyne subwoofer with Servo control Technology will sound better them most. I agree with that statement. Velodyne HT subs are one of the best on the market.

Do you realize that you are talking about two different things here? One being what I talk about above and the other being what is pictured above and what you used to own. (Phoenix Gold Cyclone)

Two totally different applications.

The Phoenix Gold cyclone is servo control????

It is not. I am not sure what the right name is for the Phoenix Gold cyclone. Don't know much about it. But it does not use servo control technology. Two different things.

It is not. I am not sure what the right name is for the Phoenix Gold cyclone. Don't know much about it. But it does not use servo control technology. Two different things.
Yes but it was in ur picture. Phoenix Gold Cyclone is what is called a rotary sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.