Holophonic?

Just wondering if any songs are recorded in Holophonic or Quadrophonic? I realize most normal bands wouldn't do this, but I was thinking more like techno/house/trance maybe?
if they are, it would say. Quad was a format that never took hold. Good ol' two speakers in front won out.

Ive heard some people play with phase and delay on tracks that make even ordinary headphones sound amazing. There was this sample track I heard where it was somone rattling a box of matches .... and the demo track was the box being moved all about you. And when you listened to it, it actually sounded like the box of matches was physically futhor away from you at points in the sample. For the life of me I cant remember the people who did that demo //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

EDIT: LOL, i just finally downloaded that track link, its the one I was talkn about LOLOL! talk about coincidence. That track came out in 1994.....lol

iirc the flameing lips had a cd like this actually i think it was 4 cds thats u play in different cd players it messhed together like one had lyrics one had guitar and bass and stuff it was pretty cool

Ive heard some people play with phase and delay on tracks that make even ordinary headphones sound amazing. There was this sample track I heard where it was somone rattling a box of matches .... and the demo track was the box being moved all about you. And when you listened to it, it actually sounded like the box of matches was physically futhor away from you at points in the sample. For the life of me I cant remember the people who did that demo //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

EDIT: LOL, i just finally downloaded that track link, its the one I was talkn about LOLOL! talk about coincidence. That track came out in 1994.....lol
heaphones are good like that. Perfect pathlengths. I've heard that track before, but it's still cool as hell. Anyway, there is music out there that has similar characteristics. Telarc, lots of other SQ labels use very good recording techniques. However, 99.9% of cars aren't setup to image well enough to notice it. Try that track in your car, you'll lose all the depth.

in that track they are useing the binaural recording head its a mock head that simulates the size and weight of a human head it has 2 reaaaaallly super good sensitive microphones in the ears soo it hears like you would if it was you in that place a cool thing is to turn the lights off listen to that track or one like it with your eyes closed on really good pair of headphones i have a pair of sennheiser noise cancellation headphones it ands awesome

if you have monsters inc on dvd it has all this stuff with some cool tests on the bonus dvd

Try that track in your car, you'll lose all the depth.
Im guessing it wont sound very good at 155 db, so im going to pass on trying that out in the jeep. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

XxMerlinxX

10+ year member
XxMerlinxX
South Carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from