hole in the cone...what to do?

sumone
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Midwest
so the shop that installed my cdt cl-61s really f'd me over. the dent on the cone is causing a buzzing sound to come out when the bass hits. so they ****ed up my speakers. and they claim to have a no refunds/as-is type deal there. an added bonus is they threw away the warranty sheet for them so I have nothing but the speakers, the grilles, and the flush mount tweeter plastic hardware. I bought them off thezeb like in january. how can I get them fixed/exchanged/etc. are they still in-warranty? is this covered or am I just screwed? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

well, if you've still got your invoice, you might be able to send them to thezeb (though i doubt it).

if you've already asked the shop about the damage, and they refuse to service/replace them, and you're SURE that the shop is responsible for the damage: go back and break out a window at the shop. that should run them about 10x what those speakers cost. that's precisely what i would do. i will not tolerate poor service and "CYA" business "tactics".

but I'M not SERIOUS, so DOn't TAKE MY ADVICE.

abe m.

Seek legal advice / action. The shop shouldn't have a) messed up the driver, b) not have phoned you immediately after the 'incident', and c) threw away ANY sort of box / papers you gave them. That shop sounds like a bunch of BS to me. If you wish, you can call CDT to see what they have to say. I don't have my warranty card handy here so I couldn't tell you what the deal is.

thezeb.com should be able to supply you with a copy of your receipt if you ever need one. Should have sent in your warranty card after they came to your house //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Take any "before" pictures ?

- Steve

Take it up with the shop ***** and yell. They should have policies and SOP for installer inflicted losses. It looks to me like the installer's drill slipped off of the screw and hit the cone.

they should compensate you somehow for their mistake, bottom line.

this is why alot pepole still shop at best buys and goodguys because if you buy the warenty you dont have this problem,they may not sell the best gear but if something blows you will get a new one on the spot

ok, well I've emailed cdt and am awaiting a response from them. then based on what they say, and if it looks like a replacement is out the water, I'm headin to that shop with my a-k. j/k; but I'ma wait to see what cdt says first.

Should have sent in your warranty card after they came to your house
why you gotta throw it in my face!!! lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

cause the day I went up there, he told me to come at like 8:00am on a saturday and I was rushing when I left. I just threw everything in the car, drove off, and handed them the keys. I hate when I do stuff absentmindedly; then again I didn't expect them to throw my **** away.

I recently just started takin pictures of stuff...don't have a before picture...but what I could do is take of picture of the left speaker (which is fine) and have someone I know in graphics work up something to make them appear together in one shot.

i'ma run a frequency sweep to see what frequency this buzz happens at; cause it only happens when the bass hits (say around 60 or so). I'm gonna feed it a highpass @ 80hz when I put my amp in, so it might go away - but still I can't tolerate knowing that it's not a fully functional $75 speaker.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

It's not like 8 million (including myself) people have the CL61's and are willing to take a picture of the pair for you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Because they sure as hell didn't come from the factory like that.

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.