HO Alternator

Participant count
  • Participant list

benny21403

CarAudio.com Newbie
I put a 300amp autotech engineering alternator in my 2006 Lincoln LS V8. Did the big 3 and an xs power d6500. i’m running less than 1000 watts but i am getting just as bad voltage drop as i did with the stock 140amp alternator. Any ideas as to why?

All connections solid and down to bare metal? Power wires properly sized?
new 0 gauge on top of factory wiring. i have my alternator bracket grounded to the chassis. sanded everything down. my main battery is in my trunk maybe if i ran a ground from battery negative to the engine it would help?

If you mean like a voltmeter i have one in the car
No, I mean when the vehicle itself controls everything that has to do with the electrical distribution. They got really popular with auto companies in the 2000's to now to keep gas mileage down and protect the vehicle if something where to go wrong.

No, I mean when the vehicle itself controls everything that has to do with the electrical distribution. They got really popular with auto companies in the 2000's to now to keep gas mileage down and protect the vehicle if something where to go wrong.
Any ideas as to what i should do?

Any ideas as to what i should do?
To me, it sounds like it's either some kind of voltage management system messing with everything or its not grounded properly/ enough. I don't know much about those cars though. I just know I had similar problems with my truck, turns out it was a voltage regulated controller

The ELD? If that’s the case, wouldn’t he just need to keep his AC and lights on while driving?

To me, it sounds like it's either some kind of voltage management system messing with everything or its not grounded properly/ enough. I don't know much about those cars though. I just know I had similar problems with my truck, turns out it was a voltage regulated controller
I know my alternator is internally regulated and the pcm does not control it. I guess i can add some grounds.

The ELD? If that’s the case, wouldn’t he just need to keep his AC and lights on while driving?
I know in my truck, with the lights on I get 14.7 ish, but any other time I get 13.8ish. And that's with an internally regulated mechman 370. But it's a Chevy, so I'm sure it's different than his. I'm at work right now or I'd try to look it up myself. I was just trying to throw out some ideas

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.