HO Alternator + 0 gauge wiring, look okay?

nstillmatic
10+ year member

I had my HO alt installed professionally.. and he also did the wiring. Now here's the question, as you can see in the picture the 0 gauge is running to the fuse box instead of directly to the battery, just like the stock wire. Now, the wire going from the fuse box to the battery is just stock, doesn't that defeat the purpose of the 0 gauge wire? What do you guys recommend I do, apparently he couldnt fit both the 0 gauge and the stock wire coming from the alternator so he had to do it this way but I'm confused as to why the wire goign to the power terminal isn't 0 gauge.

IMG_20101110_115353.jpg

leaving the stock and also running 0ga is fine it will take the path of less resistance so it wont matter

The stock wire was taken out as apparently he couldn't get it to fit with both the 0 gauge and the stock, that's why he ran the 0 gauge to the fuse box instead of directly to the power terminal. I have a 0 gauge ground wire but the crimp terminal wasn't secure and fell off, I'm waiting until my knuconceptz battery terminals arrive because I won't need the end crimp for it anyway.

So how should I rectify this? He actually used some kind of tool to TRIM the crimp terminal on the 0 gauge just to fit it in the fuse box, I don't think I have any tools available to make another wire to replace the wire going from fuse->power terminal..

No it's not, that's my point. The blue wire going into the fuse box from the alternator is 0 gauge (trimmed the end crimp to fit it), but the black wire coming out to the battery is pure stock. I have no idea why he didn't replace that one too, I supplied more than enough wiring. I don't have any means to trim the end crimp like he did to make another wire to replace it.

EDIT: All the blue wires are 0 gauge, everything else is stock.

Okay I'm not talking about the battery terminal end, he trimmed the connector on the end where I have circled in red. (coming from the fuse box)

IMG_20101110_115353.jpg

The fuse box only has plastic housing slots to fit wire like a quarter of the size.

What I see is a Knu fuse holder...swap that out as soon as you can before your vehicle bursts into flames. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif

What I see is a Knu fuse holder...swap that out as soon as you can before your vehicle bursts into flames. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif
Lmao

why is the wire going to you fuse box?

That's how the electrical for Integras is set up.

Alternator->Fuse box->Batt. power terminal

My plan was to leave the stock wire in so I could still power the fuse box, and then run the 0 gauge straight to the battery but he couldn't do it for whatever reason.

yeah you need to either run a new 0gauge from the fuse box to batt, or run that 0 gauge to the batt instead of fuse box(new terminal)

My plan was to leave the stock wire in so I could still power the fuse box, and then run the 0 gauge straight to the battery but he couldn't do it for whatever reason.
I don't see any reason, other than if the stock wire was corroded to hell, that he couldn't do that.

Seems like that guy made it twice as hard as it needed to be.

If it was me I'd just go get some 8 gauge wire or whatever the old stock size was, rerun the old stock wire the way it was, going through the fuse box. And then just run your new 0 gauge from bat+ to alt+.

Then go kick that guy you had do that right in the nutz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.