hmmm

Participant count
  • Participant list

RFFreak4Life
10+ year member

It's been awhile since I've been here but I installed my brothers system in his new car this weekend 1989 Grand Prix and ran into a problem. We were goin home and it just shut off so we pulled over and Opened the Trunk to find the amp was in prtect mode.... can someone please help. Another thing is how do you wire the rca's when you dont have RCA's preouts? I didnt have the resources with me to see which wires where for the front back left and right. I just spliced into the rear speakers at the rear of the car. Any help would be the greatest... I dont like doin things blind... So I turned here. Please help...

Thanks RFFreak4Life (Brian)

if you go to a local car audio shop ask them for a adapter that u can run subs off a factory deck i forget what its called but it runs like 25 bucks and this can hookup to most any decks

It's called a line level converter or line output converter. Most amps have them built in already. Only on the amp their called high level inputs. What kind of amp is it?

It's a Jensen 500.2 Its aright sounding JL is a heck of a lot better. Umm I just tapped into the rear speakers (@the rear speakers) so It works. It just shuts down sometimes I think it's the remote wire that's causing it to shut off it only does it on country road where the road is terribley rough and it isnt very smooth.

UPDATE

I got new Subs (JL) and a new car (1990 Integra LS 4 Door)

Im now running

(I have 4 but I'm only using) 2 250.1 powering (I have 4 but I'm only using) 2 JL 12W3's with a 500.4 powering my 6.5's front and rear with the same Pioneer head unit. I have spoon engine and Ice Man Cold air intake with a Wide Body from Ground Designs and 18" Konig wheels wrapped in Perelli's. Soon to come custom Fiberglass in the trunk. I guess I'm goin for looks with this car.

See Ya' Brian //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Anyway he and I both want to put an amp behind the front and rear speakers you know? So what would we have to do to accomplish this? i know buying new speakers is probably the first step... we have a 600.4 Amp I think it's a cheap brand like from Sears it's called Die Hard.... umm ok 1. how do I get power to it... 2. how do i get a signal to it... and 3. I would probably need to run all new speaker wire to all speakers in car uh? Please someone help I want SQ and so does he thats why the subs are bridged at 4 ohm's It still hits Insanely Hard.. I love it and it's Sorta Clean at times... Im gettin scared I'm at work and If i get caught doing this I might get fired...

My brother's car is my project car which means I can do anything to it I want...

G2G Brian

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

RFFreak4Life

10+ year member
RFFreak4Life
Independence, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from