Hiss coming from Speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sierra08!
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
After I installed my JL 4 channel, I noticed hiss coming from my Front right and rear right, I have a 4 channel RCA also, I put on pause and used each RCA on each channel, and it seems like it is bad RCA's? have not got around to changing them yet, any other things it might be

If you switch RCA sides and the sound switches then its your RCAs, if you unplug your RCAs (from your amp) and the sound continues then its either your amp or something upstream of it. I had a similar problem, turns out its my amp (HU volume=0 you can hear a hiss come out of the speakers but it turns off with the headunit and it still occurs with the RCAs unplugged from the amp)

This is not engine noise, I unplug all and its fine, I so far figured out that it is the front RCA's either the RCA itself or the HU (Kenwood DNX8120) dont think its the HU, bc the rear RCA's work fine in the front, im thinking its the amp, Ill be switching the amp this weekend to see if that help, I have one of those 1 wire 4 Channel RCA, could it be possible that only 2 of them are bad, I tried everything else

first we check all the wires especially the ground make sure they are good grounds. then we need to locate if the whine is from the amp the wires or the deck. if your grounds are good then we go to the amp take out the rcas, is the noise still present? if you have a portable cd player get you a 3.5 to rca adaptor and plug it into the amp is the noise still present? if not then it's something from rca up to deck. so get you a long set of rca's and run it from deck to amp but not installed just over the carpet. is the noise still there? if yes then it's in your deck.

Did everything you guys in here told me too, I think its the amp, every other thing I tried there was little or no hiss, but when the amp powers up the speakers the hiss is back, Ill be trying a diff amp this weekend, if thats not the problem then I give up

Did everything you guys in here told me too, I think its the amp, every other thing I tried there was little or no hiss, but when the amp powers up the speakers the hiss is back, Ill be trying a diff amp this weekend, if thats not the promblem then I give up

lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.