highest price the best?

limitkid7
5,000+ posts

sell wite
GA
seeing how these companies produce various quality of products in differnet price ranges, is it true to say that the one that cost the most w/in a company is its best line of product??

put down what you think the best line of product is per company

doesn't it **** when your sig is like 4 times longer than your post?

Of course the subs get better as the price increases...it costs more to design and manufacture high-end devices whether it's subwoofers or television sets.

If you only have $100 you get a 13" black and white tv set. it still plays your shows, but it doesn't have many creature comforts. For $500 you can get a nice 36" tv with a few bells and whistles, and for $1000 you can get a nice widescreen or a small wall-mount. If you wanna go for the gusto and get a flat panel plasma screen with a remote that has more buttons than you have characters in your signature, you're going to drop 5g's....It all boils down to ends and means.

If you can afford a w7, go for it. If you can't, be happy with what you got //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i'll adjust my sig., but anyways you can't really say that about stuff getting better, i'm sure there's some products out there that just aren't up to par..

hmm perfect example

kicker compvrs, ****

kicker comps are good though

reason being, they sound like crap.. I had these off a jbl amp back int eh day (my first system), and i just couldn't stand it... I was kind of scared to recommend regular comps to someone but i ened up having my lady friend get 2 12s and they sound sooo much better, shoot i'd say for anyone who would think about getting the vr's to just either get the comps or just go w/a different brand

i'll adjust my sig., but anyways you can't really say that about stuff getting better, i'm sure there's some products out there that just aren't up to par..hmm perfect example

kicker compvrs, ****

reason being, they sound like crap.. I had these off a jbl amp back int eh day (my first system), and i just couldn't stand it... I was kind of scared to recommend regular comps to someone but i ened up having my lady friend get 2 12s and they sound sooo much better, shoot i'd say for anyone who would think about getting the vr's to just either get the comps or just go w/a different brand
how does that have any realvence to the question at hand? you lost me at "hmm perfect example"

I can make any sub sound good and hit hard too....it's all in the install.

Who the hell buys kicker anyway? I thought this was the ED/RE/Adire forum.....

kicker compvrs, ****

really? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

how does that have any realvence to the question at hand? you lost me at "hmm perfect example"
I can make any sub sound good and hit hard too....it's all in the install.

Who the hell buys kicker anyway? I thought this was the ED/RE/Adire forum.....
sorry but u thought wrong buddy

really? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
imo, yes - had them and was blessed when someone got them off my hands

Get the **** outta here...kicker coms better than comp vrs...ha...yeah when I can grow wings and fly.

that's funny but i don't know why. within the same brand more money is usually a bettter woofer but if you compare different brands it's whole other story

Usually that is the case. Expensive = higher range.

There are a few exceptions though. SOme companies woul charge higher prices for a so-called SQ unit, while some companies would charge more for an SPL unit.

doesn't it **** when your sig is like 4 times longer than your post?
Of course the subs get better as the price increases...it costs more to design and manufacture high-end devices whether it's subwoofers or television sets.

If you only have $100 you get a 13" black and white tv set. it still plays your shows, but it doesn't have many creature comforts. For $500 you can get a nice 36" tv with a few bells and whistles, and for $1000 you can get a nice widescreen or a small wall-mount. If you wanna go for the gusto and get a flat panel plasma screen with a remote that has more buttons than you have characters in your signature, you're going to drop 5g's....It all boils down to ends and means.

If you can afford a w7, go for it. If you can't, be happy with what you got //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Whaaaaat???? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

plasma8.jpg

I agree to an extent... although you can't really say 'this is the best because it is the most expensive'. A 12W7 and a 12XXX are going to sound very similar, with $250 or more of a price difference, and in that case, I would rather lose a very little to save alot of money. You can get a 12HC for even less which will still get extremly loud, but not sound as good. You get get an e15a for around $350 that will sound loud and good too, and it's a 15. Then you have Focals, which sound amazing, but don't get that loud, and cost and arm an a leg too, and you have basically two grades, of which there is probably only marginal discernable difference in quality to the untrained ear. I guess what I'm saying is there is not BEST... they is a best for you.... but no best.

But LR you pretty much have it nailed down, in 95% of cases, you get what you pay for...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.