Higher amperage alternator for 2000 Ford Taurus SE?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Acidburn6661

Iowa
Do they make a high output alternator for my vehicle? i've been searching for a while and wasn't able to find one. I am wanting to install some power hungry subs and an amp. If you guys have any tips on installing a new alternator that'd be cool //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks!

Obviously you have no clue what you're talking about.
Actually I do. I had one it fail a month later after being installed sent it back. Took 2 months to get a new one. It failed also in 3 weeks they wouldn't warranty it again ,so I took it to our local alt shop. , had a Bad rectifier , had a new one installed and the alt tested it only did 120 amps at 2000 rpm. Was supposed to be a 220 Called db electric about this. They hung up in me when I asked about the alts output when I told them my findings from testing

Cheap Chinese parts. They don't rewound and stators. They use stock ones only which can be fine if built right. And bad cs I even talked to the owner they still said to bad

you will never have those problems with a singer op. i would not hesitate to buy another. i also use them in any install i do requiring a ho alt.. singer all the way.

Not true things happen with every brand of anything Shaun. My buddy has a Singer that's bad atm but that doesn't mean every singer made is crap. Of course we have to take Mylows word about having so many issues with his DB so /shrug. If they said they were giving HO alts and were in fact not they would be getting sued and shut down so... I'd call you a liar... I have had my DB for over 2 years and had 0 issues. I had mine tested at my buddies shop when I got it. I also have a few friends that had Both DB's and Singers both for audio and racing applications. Other than 1 Singer both have been bullet proof.

i was merely stating that singer has awesome quality control and customer service. but what do i know out of the 12 alts from singer i have installed none have had a problem. i did trade my last one off and it was messed up in shipping mike sent a new rectifier free of charge even though the parts warranty was out by a few months. call db and get a free anything on a defective alt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.