High wattage @ 2ohm amps.

Bmarbot199

Hi, Everyone looking for a high quality old school or new school amp that is capable of around 3,000 to 3,500 watts @2ohm. at the moment i have a Autotek Mean Machine old school amp that is capable of around 2,000 to 2,400 watts @2ohm. willing to trade amps or buy doesn't matter just trying to power an Orion HCCA 15in subwoofer that i have wired down to 2ohms!. Just trying to power this beast of sub and tons of people and other forums said you can slam the sub at 3500 watts all day with clean stable power! Thank you for reading and don't hesitate to write back to it.

Hi, Everyone looking for a high quality old school or new school amp that is capable of around 3,000 to 3,500 watts @2ohm. at the moment i have a Autotek Mean Machine old school amp that is capable of around 2,000 to 2,400 watts @2ohm. willing to trade amps or buy doesn't matter just trying to power an Orion HCCA 15in subwoofer that i have wired down to 2ohms!. Just trying to power this beast of sub and tons of people and other forums said you can slam the sub at 3500 watts all day with clean stable power! Thank you for reading and don't hesitate to write back to it.
What kind of electrical upgrades do you have to take on that kind of power? Strap 2 q2200's.......

i Have Optima yellow top battery up front, the big 3 upgrade all zero gauge wiring, Mechman 300amp alt, and 2 Kinetik KHC2400 batteries in the trunk! running 2 amps. the Autotek mean machine for the sub and pioneer champion 4 channel series running my rockford fosgate door speaks and tweets. just need more power for the sub i just broke it in recently in the last month its only 1 1/2 months old! and i don't want to kill the mean machine trying to power this beast of a subwoofer!

i Have Optima yellow top battery up front, the big 3 upgrade all zero gauge wiring, Mechman 300amp alt, and 2 Kinetik KHC2400 batteries in the trunk! running 2 amps. the Autotek mean machine for the sub and pioneer champion 4 channel series running my rockford fosgate door speaks and tweets. just need more power for the sub i just broke it in recently in the last month its only 1 1/2 months old! and i don't want to kill the mean machine trying to power this beast of a subwoofer!
U cant kill a amp powering a sub ..and the hccas are meh at best..why not sell or trade it for something u can power at 1 ohm or .5

Getting an amp that puts out that much power at 2 ohms is expensive especially if you want a korean amp. Getting a D2 subwoofer that will kick the sh*t out of that HCCA is much cheaper under 500$

however for your situation get a Brazilian amp, cheapest quality power at 2 ohms and only 2 ohms and up, dont wire lower then that or it'll pop. http://xplicitaudio.com/taramps-hd-4000-2-ohm/

If you're on a budget then go with Jeff's suggestion of Taramps, just make sure you neither clip nor wire below minimum impedance.

Or you could do Stang's suggestion and get 2 Soundqubed 2200s and strap them.

We are one of xplicit audio's distributors and are the national tech advisory for Taramp's.

If you have any questions, just ask.

You can clip the amplifiers fine as long as you do so below 14.4v.

You can run the amplifier up to ~15.8v as well as was the design of the power supply.

We have a chart showing what our engineering suggestions are for proper playback functionality.

We are currently designing the world's largest 12v amplifier yet again from Taramp's-

30,000w.

We have meeting with engineer last month in Tennessee and we are bringing to the public a more robust amplifier design under the Taramp's name that will please everyone.

tons of people and other forums said you can slam the sub at 3500 watts all day with clean stable power!
If by "all day" you mean 20-30 seconds, than sure. From my experience seeing those subs burn up, I'd say 2KW is safe, beyond that you're asking for trouble. It won't be worth the very modest gains in output to push your woofer beyond it's limits. I'd guess for a lot less money you could get a lot more gains by just building a different box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.