High Power Amps...

kickerlivinloud
10+ year member

Banning survivor
Ok I know there have been a couple threads like this but none of them have exactly what I am looking for so here I go...

I am looking for an amp that the the bare minimum does 2K RMS. I would perfer it do around 2.5k at 1 ohm and 1.2k at 4 ohm. I am open to all suggestions. Here are the ones I have come up with. I was going to go with the Orion 2500D (hopfully still will) but their prices are high and they are a little hard //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif to find so that is why i am asking...

Orion 2500D

Viper 2500 (not sure if it is 1 ohm stabe???)

Mmats D3000.1

CONCEPT 2400

I don't really know about high current amps so that is why I only have a couple in mind. I am not to worried about putting out the power at 4 ohm. I am really only worried about the power at 1 ohm. My budget is under $500 for an amp so try and keep that in mind when you replay...

Thanks

Jon

if you have 500 for an amp right now, just save 200 more and go get yourself a Zapco c2k-9.0.

3200 watts all day long.

idk... Yeah I would love to but spending that much money on just the amp.... There was a time when my system's budget wasn't half that but that was back when I was dumb. Thought P5 were the best...lol... So glad I am much smarter now...lol. Ok another question while I am here. Should I wait for the Orion which I can get for $500 (pretty sure not 100%) or get a RE 35.1 LE for $350???? Or yet again save up the $ and get a Zapco???

Jon

Hey Diplexer thanks for the links but unfortunetly the only one of those amps that were 1 ohm stabe were the JBL's and I don't know if I can afford them.

Limit, the reason I want just 1 amp is that it is normally cheaper and it takes less work to do but if I can find a pair of amps that would be cheaper and do better I would take them. What I am looking for is the cheapest way out but still haveing top quality stuff...

Jon

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.