High pitch sound in my music.......Y?

Participant count
  • Participant list

fire919
10+ year member

ok so i've got 2 6x9's hooked up to a 2 channel amp. when the car is off its plays good....but the minute i start up the car i get a high pitch noise

that completely drowns on the music...and th only way to hear it iz to crank the volume wayyyyyyyy up........y is this happening.

will try that could be the problem for real nvr thought about that , thx bro........96' Mustang on 19's i love those cars ......."(i keep em clean though).....lol" next friday right

Sounds like alternator noise. Does the pitch change with the RPM speed of the engine (i.e. get higher pitched as the engine revs increase?) If so, it's "alternator noise." Make sure grounds are good (sanded paint = ground wire hits bare metal, good solid ground, ground wire is thicker than power wire) and check that for your alternator too, to make sure it is properly grounded.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.