high output alt for 2008 impala 3.9

That's a little to high for me I'm staying around the 400-500 range with good idle amps
U need to run a external regulator on that car with that motor.thats a extra 125 bucks ..if u dont when the computer shuts down to 3cyl mode the voltage will drop to 12.9. Fyi i run the mechman 240 in my 08 with the 3.9

U need to run a external regulator on that car with that motor.thats a extra 125 bucks ..if u dont when the computer shuts down to 3cyl mode the voltage will drop to 12.9. Fyi i run the mechman 240 in my 08 with the 3.9
did you switch the factory current sensor over to the new charging wire? its a little black plastic loop with a plug at the end its about the to four inches down from the pos on the starting battery. when i did the big3 my car was going into battery saver mode until i did that maybe that was your prob??

did you switch the factory current sensor over to the new charging wire? its a little black plastic loop with a plug at the end its about the to four inches down from the pos on the starting battery. when i did the big3 my car was going into battery saver mode until i did that maybe that was your prob??
No i ect regulated mine from the start..has nothing to do with batt saver mode..its the afm on the car when it switches to econ mode and goes to 3 cyl

I dont have the factory alt plug used at all ..but. i do have the batt saver active pop up ..what exactly did u do to bypass that ...i never really looked into it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.