High input is louder than RCA.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Well you may not have had your gains set correctly, your hu could have had low preout voltages, theres really no reason either of them would be any better than the other. RCAs are just a whole lot easier to deal with in my opinion.

Well what is the point for each then?!!, and is it alright to run 6x9's or component speakers on low input!? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

high level ins allow you to add an amplifier to a system not really designed for an amplifier. Factory HU's rarely have RCA outs, but since there are speakers, there is obviously a high level input available.

That said, RCA is THE best choice without question. High-level inputs are very dirty and the extra volume is simply distortion. Aside from that, if you have an aftermarket HU then you're giving up an amped channel to run your amplifier - just inneficient.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.