High End Coaxials

slim j
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ca.com
I have a new ride, but it is a lease. Because I have to give it back in a year, I don't want to wire an entire componet set.

So what high end coaxials are available. I have 6.5s in the front door and 4x6s in the rear door. Budget for both sets is $500.

Any reccomendations?

I will have a normal amp powering them...

I have a set of Critical MASS 6.5's for sale...you can't beat them in SQ ...they are the top of the line RS series with the 2" VC and neo magnet....
Interesting...

omg wire an entire component set???!!
lol

do components, it'll just take you 5 more minutes to install, put the tweet in the baffle for the mid if possible.

if not, put a lil more time into it and mount them somewhere~!
It's not like OMGWTFBBQ!

But it is like this, I don't think there is enough space in the door opening to mount the tweeter and the mid on the same baffle. The tweeter would be stuck behind the door panel and sound crappy.

I know ID, CDT and Polk makes a componet set that mounts like coaxials...that would work, but those are the only three brands I know of that offer that feature.

I run a set of the CDT Covertible Components. I don't actually have them set up that way as I decided that mounting my tweeters high worked out better for my Jeep. But they are pretty simple to to attach to the woofer and sound great.

for 200+ship I can do a set of mbquart pvi216 they have the option for the tweet to be mounted coaxial, if not I can order you a set of the oldschool hand made dkg 116's for 110+ ship. but you need at least 150 watts for the pvi's

pros need around 200 to really sound like they should tho and they are very spendy unless you buy online with no warranty.

but they are 1 of my favs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

also if you do a quality set up front with the proper power you won't need anything in the rears.

very very true.

1 set of the pro 60's on 200 watts and unhook the rears and youd be great.

install quality will have everything to do with it as well tho, so........ deadener deadener deadener deadener deadener deadener deadener lolz

I suggest OP ditches the rears and puts budget on deadening. My rule of thumb is 50% of cost of speakers should be spent on deadening.

I am probably going to opt for the IDs...which one, not so sure...but you can buy online, full warranty, with less cost than others...and they need less power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.