High density fiberboard

actually i am a woodworker by trade and hdf and mdf is better to build sub boxes with than ply

reason for this is hdf and mdf is denser and doesn't resonate as much as ply does witch mean the box is deader acts like sound deadner and yes i know this to be true i used to be the head woodworker at my local sound shop and we even tested the material against ply and particle board and mdf won hands down

Well I use partical board basically the same thing I'm pretty certain works veryy well and a fraction of the price of MDF only thing is makee sure to pre drill holees as it can easily split....ut if done right I have had no issues

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.