Bridged, 4 ohms: 325 watts x 2 chan.

$270

Rockford Fosgate Power T600-4

Bridged, 4 ohms: 300 watts x 2 chan.

$380

Cerwin-Vega S800.4 - STROKER 800.4

Bridged, 4 ohms: 400 watts x 2 chan.

$290

Is the hifonics just too cheap to be good? it puts out just as much power as the rest except cerwin vega and is cheapest.

i have read that hifonics amps power are overrated a bit is that true?

if i were buying a hifonics amp i would go old school buy one off of ebay,the new one are over rated,just like the new rockfords every amp i have are old school i running 2 rockford 800a2 with a pair of rockford 15 hx2.

i need an amp to push 300-350 rms to 8" solo barics.

they ask for 300w but ur supposed to push a little more for headroom?

are all the amps from that one website that has crunch, mbquart, hifonics, going to be overrated?

like is MB Quart DSC480 overrated? or will it do the 320w x2 4ohm?

I used a hifonics 2 channel rated at 400rms @ 4 ohms bridged on a single E8, gains set accordingly, and it did great.

Most everyone is going to say "that hifonics will only do soandso much power" because thats what people tell them, athought hey have little to no experience with them

In terms of lower powered class AB amps for hifonics, iw ould expect close to rated power since they will pretty much always be running at 14+ volts. From PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, ive noticed hifonics amps lose a TON of output with voltage drops.

i don't know many people who runs their system with the car off, or run their amps at 12 volts, i sure don't. And if i did, i would have enough batteries to back it up. most have thier cars running, putting out between 13.8/14.4 if i'm wrong i'm wrong but that's how i see it. so saying what a amp puts out at 12 volts is just a marketing scheme in my eyes

if hifonics is overrated, will a Hifonics ZXi 1010 give me at least 300w rms @ 2ohm?

it says it will do 500w rms @ 2ohm and 250w rms @ 4ohm so i figure i should get at least 300w.

is hifonics good other than being overrated?

I have a ZXi6006 150x2@4ohms, 300x2@2 running my components... I'm positive it doesn't do the 300x2@2ohms but it doesn't do too bad.... It stays pretty clean right up to full tilt as well but runs hotter than a stovetop... The Hifonics amps aren't bad for the money, but if you're truly that worried about the power then you should save up a few more bucks and buy a better brand...

Id try out the mb quart 4125...cheaper than all those and puts out some juice
will that give me at least 300watts rms since it says 500 watts?

or should i just get like Kicker 08ZX750.1 and pay the extra $$ for true power

i just need to know the good brand names to go with =/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.