1 x 4500-Watts RMS @ 2-Ohms

1 x 8000-Watts RMS @ 1-Ohm

D-Class Design

Front mount controls

Balanced Line Inputs

180 degree Phase Shift

10X Frequency Multiplier Switches

Subsonic Filters

Full System Diagnostics with Pre-Clip / Hard Clip Indicators and a Parametric Bass EQ Circuit

Bass Boost

Master/Slave Multi-Amp Linking

Parametric Bass EQ Circuitry

anyone run these??

i just want to know if i should buy it i can get it for around 400, but not sure if its worth running cuz i heared there not very stable for daily systems but to me only way to find out is to run it yourself...but if anyone has any input on the subject can u shoot sum help..

2. Specs:
1 x 2600-Watts RMS @ 4-Ohms

1 x 4500-Watts RMS @ 2-Ohms

1 x 8000-Watts RMS @ 1-Ohm

D-Class Design

Front mount controls

Balanced Line Inputs

180 degree Phase Shift

10X Frequency Multiplier Switches

Subsonic Filters

Full System Diagnostics with Pre-Clip / Hard Clip Indicators and a Parametric Bass EQ Circuit

Bass Boost

Master/Slave Multi-Amp Linking

Parametric Bass EQ Circuitry

anyone run these??

i just want to know if i should buy it i can get it for around 400, but not sure if its worth running cuz i heared there not very stable for daily systems but to me only way to find out is to run it yourself...but if anyone has any input on the subject can u shoot sum help..
What I've read its not meant for daily. You might want to look into a SS1000D if you want something that big.

thats also what i was told if i can get it at a very fair price ill get it,

Very bad idea!

I thought the same thing. "It's just a bunch of jamokes who run them off of 1 battery or at low impedance or whatever". Mine lasted about 45 minutes of play at 4 ohm and moderate levels (possibly 500W.... like have a normal conversation over the music levels) then *BAM* every MOSFET on the board self destruct. 80$ in shipping to Zed Audio, Stephen quotes me @ 750$ for repair (that's the friend price) with absolutely no guarantee that it won't do the same thing again... in fact he said that it would probably self destruct eventually regardless of impedance load, input voltage, or application. He claims it's just a terrible design and there's nothing that can be done to make it reliable...... Sold it as broken on eBay for a pretty impressive price, all said and done I spend more time installing and removing this amp than actually playing music on it and it cost me about 350$

Bob used to run them in his blue T3 van and AFAIK about 1 in 3 that they used blew up new out of the box as soon as they turned them on.

Stay far away from these and any of the other 7K/8K amps. There is a reason people are asking such cheap prices on those Sampsons..... if you absolutely insist on buying it and for some reason you feel lucky or think you're different or special, I'd ask the seller if he'll at least throw in a fire extinguisher.

I hadn't really said much on the forum about these yet since I didn't want to post dump anyone trying to sell them, but I would definitely reccomend everyone stay away! In sharp contrast, I had good luck with the 1st gen Stetsom 7K, but I hear those are somewhat unreliable as well.

ok thanks man for the heads up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

ima steer clear
If you want a second opinion you can ask Ampmedics or dB-R and neither of them will touch these with a 10 foot pole. Really sad because by all accounts they make rated power when they work and mine looked good and sounded pretty nice while it was working.

But yeah, worst money I've ever spend on car audio

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.