Hifonics XX-2412 (HSPL12) Enclosure recommendations?

Participant count
  • Participant list
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5091_Hifonics+XX-2412+-+HSPL12+-.html

Hey everyone, I'm wondering what you guys would recommend for parameters for this woofer? Maxxsonics has given me nothing to go off of :-/

I am pushing more towards SPL for competition over SQ, not that I would be looking for SQ with that woofer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

I have about 32 inches width to work with, about 16.5 inches of height, and depth, there is probably a good 18 inches available before it would hit my amp rack. This is in a Mercedes C300.

If you want to design me up a box, do so, I will PP you a couple bucks!

I will be using 1 1/8'' MDF.

Thanks,

Ron

Dunno if this will help you or anyone else, but after searching the interwebz I could only find these specs...dunno if they're correct or not...and good luck getting ANYONE at the team maxxsonics forum to post and help

Specification

XX2412

12-Inch SPL Driver

Theile & Small Parameters:

Fs = 45.13Hz

Qts = 0.337

Vas = 15 Liters

Xmax = 25mm

::EDIT::

I'm not a pro or anything, but looking at those specs you'd probably wanna go ported...and only ported...but I'm sure someone will correct me

::EDIT to the edit::

Sonics site says this for the ported box

3.231 cu. ft.

and doesn't list anything for a sealed enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.