Hifonics vs. Crunch

Jaredturp
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
PA
My bud is buying an amp and he doesnt wanna spend much... it's to power 2 fi ssd's anyways these are his choices... hiconics 2010 or crunch 2500

Which will be closer to rated power..? and which would suit his application better?

The fi's are going to have flat coils and Bp power so the RMS should be around 1k....

Are there any cadence txa 1000d's on the market these days? Been awhile since I was in the market for a d class amp. New or find one used. Cadence is goodness if your looking for bang for your buck.

the 2010 will do closer to rated power since the gp2500 is rated as max watts, so it's more likely to do 1250wrms, that's what i've been told

**** man, get dman's BNIB F2500d in the classifieds for $300 shipped. He used to be a dealer for Solid Audio, so no worries buying from him.

It's the same board as the XA3000d that American Bass uses.....Only with horizontil fets.

Can drop to .5 ohms no problem daily and is a stout amp.

****ing steal for that amp. Heads and tails better than anything listed here.

Use a Crunch GPV 2000.1. You have to remember though that these amps are unregulated so the more voltage you give them, the more power you'll get. However, the less voltage there is (Car turned off) the less power you'll get.

the 2010 will do closer to rated power since the gp2500 is rated as max watts, so it's more likely to do 1250wrms, that's what i've been told
x2. only the 3000d pro does acceptable rated power of those series amps.

Neither do a MB Quart DSC2000.1D it has some great reviews.
good bet for $275

**** man, get dman's BNIB F2500d in the classifieds for $300 shipped. He used to be a dealer for Solid Audio, so no worries buying from him.
It's the same board as the XA3000d that American Bass uses.....Only with horizontil fets.

Can drop to .5 ohms no problem daily and is a stout amp.

****ing steal for that amp. Heads and tails better than anything listed here.
great bet for 300. I'd do that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.