Hifonics vs Alpine

Which amp is better for powering 2 Type R's @ 2 Ohms?

• Hifonics BXi 1610D

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Alpine MRP-M1000

Votes: 18 54.5%

• Total voters
and the hifonics are also pretty reliable.

@ 2ohm its rated for 1100 watts even if it puts out 10% less its still about the same as the alpine and it will go 1 ohm stable and push at least 1400 watts at 14 volts. they both have the same warranty 1 year. for the $100 difference i'd buy a brutus but I am partial to maxxsonics brands (bang for the buck). if $$$ was never an issue, I would buy crowns or usamps

they are both class d amps, I wanna see this proof as well that there are cleaner amps. they all use the same topology and even if they are cleaner what dif does .002% make with subs? or even 1% ??

and if you tell me that you can hear the difference i'll call you a liar. the human ear cannot distinguish such a minor difference at such low frequencies.

Hate to say it but ,I have a alpine 650 on 1 mtx 9500 and other suv has 2400 hifonics on 2 sundown in double baffled box . Alpine all the way..........!

Hate to say it but ,I have a alpine 650 on 1 mtx 9500 and other suv has 2400 hifonics on 2 sundown in double baffled box . Alpine all the way..........!

This thread is 14 years old....

really.jpg

I don’t see how the age of a post reduces it’s validity or usefulness to ppl hunting for info.

I cannot describe the difference of clean power either yet I’ve experienced it several times now.
I started w a 50x4 prime amp and focal speakers. Kept the speakers and went to the punch 600x4 which definitely got louder and amplified more sound. The convenience of that clip light was very educational. I drove around w the seat folded down watching for a potential clipped signal. It became a crutch. Sale happened and I went down in watt potential to the power 400x4. The x4 wattage was less yet the sound was equally clear. My guess is the internals may last longer bc they aren’t being overworked.
Although this has nothing to do with wattage I’m contemplating going backwards in subs to the punch 3s at 4 ohm. Can’t say for sure which sounds better those at 4 ohm or the power series at 2ohm. That’s close. If I used the 1000.1 on the 3s at 1ohm at 1400w rms and the 1500.1 which would do a similar 1400w at 4 ohms there’d be no comparison of which was louder, fuller and sounded better. The noticed difference would be in these cleaner watts more than what ohm the speakers played at.

I believe some of the dialogue in the forums come from interpretation of opinion, how a person is capable of expressing oneself, justifications made by budgetary limits, brand loyalty, customer satisfaction w previous experiences and belief that one is getting a good value no matter the price. Social influence plays a role too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...