Hifonics vs Alpine

Which amp is better for powering 2 Type R's @ 2 Ohms?

• Hifonics BXi 1610D

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Alpine MRP-M1000

Votes: 18 54.5%

• Total voters

mccanng
10+ year member

Car Audio Learner :-D
NC
I was wondering if people could leave feedback on either of these amps and one of them will be powering 2 Alpine Type Rs @ 2ohm.

Hifonics BXi1610D or an Alpine MRP-M1000

Thanks Greg

the alpine would be cleaner and more power.
also, a single type R could run off 1k.
they get to sounding pretty shitty after about 500 though, 2 of them would sound great on that amp. Can't you get those alpine 1000's for like less that 400 on ebay now days?

yea they are like 300, i was just wondering what people thought about mixing amps and subs because personally i try to match subs with the same brand amp but i wanted feedback thats all

Greg

I've been running a Hifonics BXi608 for about a month now at 1ohm. It stays cool and I haven't had any problems with it. I couldn't tell you if the SQ would be better with another amp because I've only used the Hifonics for my RE SR10's

It all comes down to how much you want to spend. The alpine is going to be significantly more, for a very similar amp. What you would be paying extra for is name brand, reliability, re-sale value, and what you said, matching subs to amp (looks nice, thats about it).

It all comes down to how much you want to spend. The alpine is going to be significantly more, for a very similar amp. What you would be paying extra for is name brand, reliability, re-sale value, and what you said, matching subs to amp (looks nice, thats about it).
Are you really paying more for a reliability? I mean if it's more reliable...that means it will work longer. So if you buy a less reliable amp for cheaper, and you have to replace it because it is no longer reliable...what have you saved?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...