Hifonics sq?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I like Hifonics as a budget amp, but IMO it's the best acoustical choice.

mostly due to poor S/N ratio and Higher then norm THD.

But If you want to "knock the block" for cheap.

Shiet.... get you hifonics //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'm going to compare a 1200 watt hifonics to a 1200 watt rockford. see a difference maybe?
good luck lol, not knockin RF by any means they put out a great top of the line, but over the last few years i think they went a little down hill, punch z back in the day was WAYY better than this new puch stages they got now, i guess they wanted a budget line of products too though, which i think is good, more companies should put out more budget based lines for the people that are die hard fans of the brand but cant afford there top of line, atleast that company would get the respect of everyone and not just rich kids!

Number 1 in what? Sales? Sure. Marketing? Sure. Invest into a good marketing campaign and the sales follow. Which leads to your next statement about the cost of their demo vehicles... Who do you think pays for them? YOU When a company has an extra, yes extra after overhead to drop EVERY YEAR on demo vehicles wouldnt that give you just a slight hint they are profiting off of you just a bit too much?
so your sayin alpine is junk, cause if not what the hell are you arguein? duh, any company that does ANYTHING is only doin it off the profit from all of us, no company made money out of thin air to throw down on stuff if so a sub that cost the company 50 bucks to actually make would only cost us 45 bucks? so if you read the whole post you would see that wonderful little part that i said YOUR MOSTLY BUYING THE COMPANIES NAME NOT THERE PRODUCTS! alpine is deff one of those companies how ever i was argueing the fact they do put out great quality stuff even there lowest line is ok, i personally think hifonics lower end is comparable to alpines 2nd line up but alpine is still bomb as hell even though i dont like them!

pm to me from the great mr.dave:

I run modded TRU Billets with an all Dyn system. The SQ difference is huge in many A/B comparisons I've done with them.

Maybe if you ran more than $99 components, and stepped into the 1k arena, you would hear a sound difference too.

Now you can come take a dump on my autozone equipment.

See, I don't put my equipment in my sigs. There is no need to flash what I have. But if you want to sit there and tell me that a Hifonics can do what a TRU amp does, you are insanely ignorant.

Can Hifonics possibly be one of the better budget amps? Maybe. I would never know, because with a budget amp you get budget build quality and sound. That's the bottom line. I rather spend some extra to get quality.

did i not say some of us dont got money to buy **** thats really over kill? ok lets all take a poll, who here lives in there car 24/7 and has a massive reason to put more money in our systems than our whole car costs?

so your sayin alpine is junk, cause if not what the hell are you arguein? duh, any company that does ANYTHING is only doin it off the profit from all of us, no company made money out of thin air to throw down on stuff if so a sub that cost the company 50 bucks to actually make would only cost us 45 bucks? so if you read the whole post you would see that wonderful little part that i said YOUR MOSTLY BUYING THE COMPANIES NAME NOT THERE PRODUCTS! alpine is deff one of those companies how ever i was argueing the fact they do put out great quality stuff even there lowest line is ok, i personally think hifonics lower end is comparable to alpines 2nd line up but alpine is still bomb as hell even though i dont like them!
Junk? No. 'High end" also no. Theyre a solid mainstream product. Do I like em? Not particularly, but my thoughts here are relevant. However my point is showing that when a company has enough profitable revenue then it shows that consumer is paying way to heavily. Nothing more, nothing less.

not true but even if it was a hifonics 1500 only puttin 1000 it would be doin it for way cheaper than any other amp can do it for, so what would it matter?!

I don't know the prices on any of these amps..

What I said was, that if they are all the SAME price I would either get the ED or the Sundown. But I'm assuming that the Sundown costs more for sure.

Hifonics amps are very good. So are alpine. Ignore Mr.Dave, he has no clue what he's talking about.

Generally amps don't have "SQ", when everything is cold and working normally, they all "sound" the same. When things get hot, voltage drops and you've been pounding a few hundred miles, then "quality" and "junk" start to become apparent. Amp "quality" is mostly about consistenecy and reliability.

The cheapest jensen or sony amp will sound exactly the same as a top of the line Genisis or McIntosh amp.. at first. As they heat up, the cheaper amps will begin to distort at much lower levels than their normal ratings, they won't handle impedence and voltage swings well, and they will fail much sooner than the quality amps. Quality amps should have a much longer life span than "cheap" amps. IMO, Hifonics is somewhere in the middle. Not the best or worst. Good quality, but I don't expect to be leaving them in my will to my grandkids either.

How can you tell the difference by reading the box or listening to them? You can't. Reputation is very important in amplifiers.

lol this got outta hand

trashedxj...mr dave lol

wtf

wut is he trying to prove

but back to the actual thread...

wut kind of subs do u plan on running and wut kind of power do u plan on gettn from a HiFonics?

since we only know half of the situation we.re arguing about...

HiFonics sound perfectly fine...

my amps hit the lows mids and highs...

lows get low

mids can b heard perfectly and the highs are crisp and cut thru

no static...no clipping...no protection mode

no bull sht good decently clean power

I'm assuming sarcasm. Had a 1206 on my RE SE's and it sounded wonderful.

and you.... well jesus ***** fucking christ you are just stupid. you are exactly why most people hate JL audio as well. fucking retard. oh yes and we all know hifonics, alpine, and pyramids are in the same catagory. the more i read this the more I realize you deserve to die. you dont deserve to live. I hope you die much later in life but have to suffer, like a vegetable. that way you cant even wipe your own ass. Bitch.
damm hoxie.........tough love eh?

lol this got outta handtrashedxj...mr dave lol

wtf

wut kind of subs do u plan on running and wut kind of power do u plan on gettn from a HiFonics?

lows get low

way to not read the very first post of this thread

I keep seeing that hifonics amps are pretty decent and probably do around rated power. How's the SQ on their mono amps though?
wut r u talking about?

i read it

i was just wondering wut subs hes running and wut power hes looking for

b.c if hes looking for 2000+ watts its a dif series of amps that are a lot better

hows bout im tryn to get an idea of wut he looking for so i can give he the best info to my knowledge

and hows bout u get off me

lol this got outta handtrashedxj...mr dave lol

wtf

lows get low

Lol what are you trying to prove? You just said a bunch of **** that makes you look dumb.

Uh, what?
Amps don't have SQ? I guess Sinfoni should close it's doors then. It's all been a waste.

Let's face it, Hifonics *****. Sure, it sounds fine when you have only run other Hifonic amps, Alpine, Pyramid, or crap alike.

People are better off investing in a quality amp. It may cost an extra $150, but atleast it does rated power and has atleast decent SQ. Not to mention, it might actually last you more than a a year or two unlike most of the budget amps.

The reason amps like this exist is to be cheap for people who don't want to spend money. With cheap, means built cheap, means crap. Simple logic.

Hifonics doesn't have some sort of secret to mass producing inexpensive amps that put out power and sound good while doing it. The secret is, silly consumers, misinformed consumers, or just people who don't care.

At the very least, and this is the very least, get a JL.
OH my god I hope this fvcking retard isn't serious.

OH my god I hope this fvcking retard isn't serious.
Oh he is completely serious, he is so serious that he left the thread, becasue everyone disagreed with him //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.