Hifonics Smokeing

Berry47
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
My Pants
I just installed a bx1000d for a friend and as soon as it saw power it started to smoke. My friend said that he has smelled the smell before and the amp has been hooked up with no protect mode or blown fuses. WTF???

I looked at the board and two mosfets as well as 2 resistors look like complete crap.

Has then happened to anyone b4.

I had it hooked up perfect and it was purchased new by ikesound on ebay. The power wasn't even on to the amp when it started. We have 2 amps installed on the same grounds and on a d block in the back, and the other had no problems.

I know I have seen this happen to others. There was no protect light or anything...

Send it back if its under warranty, talk to http://www.kbaudio.com if its not. Sounds like another of the slew of Hifonics problems lately, although most of the problems Ive heard of are with the 1500. Either way, he may want to ditch it and get a more reliable amp.

Anyone else...
yup same thing here.. it didn't smoke tho and nothing looks burn but no protections came on or anything ...the amp looks good to go but no sound... hell mine was just sittin in the back of my truck with the power ground and remote hooked up..... cause i took my box out to work on it for a few days and when i put it back in no sound.....

Because one amp blows up, doesn't mean the entire line is crap guys...this is how the bad names get started about products here.

Now, chances are that something shorted out, a defect in the amp...this is the reason products have warantees. Send it back and get yourself a new one.

I had a HiFonics Brutus for 3 weeks till it started going into protect. It's not just one instance here, MANY people have complained about this amp, while many love it for the price. I'd spend a lil more and get a more reliable amp that doesn't have a CONSISTANT history of malfunctioning.

defective product. i guess you got the bad batch eh?

im a proud owner of hifonics brutus bx500d. 2 months and still fine.

I've heard MANY more good stories than bad about them, the bad ones just get brought up a lot. The only issue with the amps that is consistent is the overrating...which as long as you plan for is not a problem, still cheap power.

Ran mine (1000d) for just about a year without a single problem...shipping her out tomorrow though to try something a bit different.

I've heard MANY more good stories than bad about them, the bad ones just get brought up a lot. The only issue with the amps that is consistent is the overrating...which as long as you plan for is not a problem, still cheap power.
Ran mine (1000d) for just about a year without a single problem...shipping her out tomorrow though to try something a bit different.
Shipping her out to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

It best be working //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.