Hifonics HFI series at 1 ohm?

jflick092
10+ year member

Work Do'er
Ohio
Is it safe to run these HFI models at 1 ohm? Ive been reading some mixed opinions about how good of an idea it is.

Possibly for an AQ HDC3 15.

Right now I have 2 MTX Terminators (//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif) that would be @2ohms, but I was going to get a newer amp for them, but then though of possibly just upping to the HDC3 in the future, and running 1ohm.

I was thinking of getting a HFI1500d just for the 12"s but then 're-thought' it might be better to go with a HFI2000d in case I decide to get something else in the future.

Bumping this old thread. Not sure if i should go for the sdc2.5 at 2ohm or hdc3 at 1ohm? Off the hfi... Anyone? I have the hfi1000.1d at the moment.

Hey they are good at 1 OHM i had the HFI2500.1D running 2 Orion Hcca 10.4s wired to 1 ohm and they were great not anywhere near their full potential but it was nice

my hfi 2000 did well at 1ohm, should be fine. i ran mine on stock, never clipped but i had a little light dim.
I was wrong i actually have the 1500d for some reason i thought i was running the 1000... I was thinking 2 12" sdc 2.5's at 1ohm? I have a little light dim now sometimes but my cars a pos. i killed my old alternator but im getting a new car soon.

Its really a toss up, some do well but there are also some that dont. Have some good electrical to back it up to be safe.
What sort of good electrical?

Just make sure your voltage stays up and you have the current to back it. Because 1 ohm with a dropping voltage will smoke it more than likely, same as if its drawing more current then your car can supply it might go up in smoke. Better amps can take more abuse because of the better parts, budget amps well you walk the line.

Better than stock alternator? My wires are all good i have a 4g power thats the most the amp accpets. No extra batteries right now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.